12 months since my stem cell transplant

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  foxy555 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi All
    It was the first anniversary of my stem cell transplant on Saturday and I have been celebrating! My immune system in 1 year old and I feel in great shape. I am trying to attach a link to my latest post in which I reflect on the stem cell transplant process which may be of interest to those that are going through it or about to go through it. My thoughts are with those that are struggling and suffering with myeloma and dealing with it. I feel immensely lucky to be where I am now.

http://wendyduffield.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/one-year-on/

Take care all

Wendy

meganjane
    Participant

Wendy,

Happy Anniversary 🙂

It is lovely to read good news on the site. It helps people like me who are at the start of our MM journey, my husband Phil was diagnosed in May 2012, to stay positive.

Megan

mhnevill
    Participant

Congratulations Wendy!

May this be the first of MANY MM free years! Thanky you for being ready to share your experiences.

Love Mavis x

Michele
    Participant

Well done Wendy.

I'm coming up to 7 months on 10th September.

It's great to feel well again isn't it?

Carry on celebrating!

Michele x

DaiCro
    Participant

Congratulations Wendy,

It is so good to see positive milestones show up on the board and especially by such a regular contributor with a positive attitude and such a helpful demeanour. 🙂

Let's look forward to September 1st, 2013 and your second anniversary… with a wonderful, infection free and healthy twelve months in-between. 😎

Well done and the very best of good fortune.:-)

Dai.

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Happy 1st Anniversary Immune system! enjoy the sunshine Wendy.
    cheers paul

jmsmyth
    Participant

Happy anniversary Wendy and thanks for the link. Frank hopes to start STC in new year. So will read with enthusiasm.
    Love Jean x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Wendy!

Happy first anniversary such good news on this lovely sunny day! So pleased for you Wendy.

Thanx for the link love liz & kev xx

BADGER
    Participant

Welldone wendy

Keep the good news coming we are all in need of it from time to time long may it last:-)
    Love Jo

tom
    Participant

Gosh Wendy now where has that 12 month gone??

Happy Birthday Stem Cells, you have a great host so behave 😎 Long may it last Wendy.

Love and Hugs to you and those iccle stem's

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Ali
    Participant

Hoorah Wendy

Its great to hear your lovely news!

Enjoy!!:-)

Love Ali xx

Vicki
    Participant

Congratulations Wendy,

Good on you! And your cells!

If only we could get colins out to start on this trail 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

wendyduffield
    Participant

thanks all of your for your well wishes and replies. I did hesitate about putting on a good news post because so many of you are going through such difficult times it feels insensitive but I am glad I did because of the positive responses. I think Eve suggested we may have something like they do on myeloma beacom, the US forum, a section for posting what they call survivorship stories. I am not fond of the word survivor but something like a good news/milestones section might be a good idea. I think we all need to celebrate as many of our milestones as we can and appreciate the times when we feel well.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Wendy I understand where you are coming from, there has been some bad news from our friends. But I agree it is very uplifting for people like me to read stories like yours and Eve's, it makes me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel and not another blo*dy train coming. Thanks for sharing
    Love Jean x

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Your account of the SCT is the best i have read, all info gratefully received
    I am just finishing the third of six cycles, all seems to be going well ,no particular problems with the CDT i am on
    Being teed up for my SCT at Christies in Jan
    I am going to the MM 22 ndSept day at Radisson,ManchesterAirport, more than interested in all the latest research news.
    As with all of us in this rarified society I hope that research leads to a cure in the next few short years, then we can all celebrate
    Optimistic is my middle name , I hope I can do as well as you
    Kind regards
    Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘12 months since my stem cell transplant’ is closed to new replies.