12 months since my stem cell transplant

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  foxy555 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Congratulations Wendy, from one to another. Its a funny feeling to be here, one year on and in pretty good shape, all things considered. Did you have cake? I wasn't sure how to behave, I think I secretly wanted the family to put balloons on the door and send cards! I did have a good day though. Well done.
    Love Helen

KevinL
    Participant

Wendy

I found your post and link very uplifting and encouraging. I've found it hard to find anything about how I can expect to feel when I get through the CTD and Stem Cell Transplant.

Thanks

Kevin

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Helen, I certainly did celebrate over the weekend, I made cocktails and cooked dinner for some friends who had supported me through the process and I had afternoon tea and champagne on Sunday!! Still recovering, no balloons though.

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Peter
    Good to hear you are doing ok on the CTD. I will be at the Manchester Myeloma Info day and am giving a patient experience talk. Look forward to meeting you.
    Wendy

Michele
    Participant

Kevin

I'm quite surprised by your comment about finding it hard to find anything about "how I can expect to feel when I get through the CTD and STC".

There are plenty of good-news posts on various threads!

Fortunately the general answer to your question seems to be "I feel it was all worthwhile as it's made me feel so good again".

😀

KevinL
    Participant

Thanks Michele

You're right there are other good news posts I just thought the link here gave a bit more detail and was very uplifting.

Looking forward to feeling so good again though!

Thanks for the reply –

Kevin
    Sussex

JoanneK
    Participant

Hi.. I am new to this forum but just wanted to say congratulations on your achievement and I found your link very interesting and it made me feel more positive…

I hope you continue to feel so well

Best wishes

Joanne x

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Wendy

Wow,good on you. My husband is due for SCT in November,hopefully – and to read your post – really does give us both a lift!!

Take care

Ann and Pete

xx

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘12 months since my stem cell transplant’ is closed to new replies.