2 days in hospital

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Helen

they wont do another skeletal survey unless I am complaining of any bone pain which luckily I am not. I again checked with my consultant now that my light chains are over 1000 that I am ok to carry on with my heavy duty exercise such as running, tennis and flipping tractor tyres over (seriously!) and he said it was fine to carry on and "exercise is good" so I intend to continue training for the triathlon in August although I feel like I am living on a knife edge about when I start treatment and what if any damage is being caused to my kidneys or bones in the interim.

I suspect your light chains before you were diagnosed were over 10,000 (as they think mine were) to cause the level of damage you had. I read your profile, you are so young to have myeloma and I hope you enjoy a long remission, get on with your life again and have a lovely summer holiday to Italy (one of my favourite places!)

Wendy x

HelenR
    Participant

Ah thanks Wendy, that's just what I needed to hear today. I've been getting a bit sucked into all the 'myeloma internet' recently which is massively helpful in some ways, knowing I'm not alone (whereas at my age none of my friends have anything at all similar to deal with). But it does also set me dwelling and worrying about all the What If? questions. So I think I'll try to take a bit of a myeloma holiday as well as my actual Italy holidays – nothing like making hay while the sun shines eh? You're very inspirational in that way, from reading your blog, so thanks. And yes I love Italy too and have been meaning to go for ages so made a real priority of that this year. First trip is Sicily, second is Naples/Sorrento/Amalfi coast 🙂

That's great that you're still able to run and er, tip tractor tyres 😉 My docs say the same about exercise, although obviously everyone has to know their own particular limits as we're all so individual. Best of luck for being able to do the triathlon, and telling those light chains to bxxxer off.

Helen

bandityoga
    Participant

Helen

Hope you have a lovely holiday. Sorrento and the Amalfi coast are beautiful. Have a trip to Capri also recommended. Walk off the beaten track and you will have some wonderful views. Pasta is to die for so you will come back a little heavier. Havea few glasses of vino and lemonchillo too.

Have fun.

Maureen

HelenR
    Participant

Aww, thanks Maureen. Yes, I can't wait for the views and the sea and the sun (and the pasta….!) I'll raise a glass to you and Ian when I'm there. I hope things are getting easier and that the civil partnership ceremony goes well (and Andy Murray keeps up his winning streak!) Hang on in there and take good care of yourself,

Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2 days in hospital’ is closed to new replies.