2nd SCT

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello all,completed 8th cycle of Velcade today and await contact from the Freeman hospital Newcastle regarding the date for a 2nd SCT.
    PP's are down to 2.05 so it's just a case of going through the tests and then the subsequent transplant sometime Aug/Sept.
    I'm not looking forward to the Melphalan which wiped me out last time but it's all part of the procedure and has to happen.
    Going to have a break away somewhere before it all gets underway.
    I need to get away from hospital appointments and needles,not forgetting the horrible Dextitude moments.

Good health to all…Keith.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith good to hear all is going well Iknow how you feel about getting away from blooming hospitals and all the stuff that goes with it!!Have a good holiday and it will boost your spirits ready for the sct and after that a very long remission Take care love Bridget x

Roz
    Participant

Great to hear your still ok Keith! I was worried.

I came on site this wk first time for ages, left a post saying hows Keith cos saw you hadn't been on either, but no-one replied.

Keep up the good work, plus get the break you deserve.

All the best
    Love
    Roz

eve
    Participant

Hi Keith
    I think we were all wondering what happened to you,but to scared to ask,as we new you were going through a bad time,but its lovely to here you are doing well.
    Have a good break away from it all,wish i could do the same [I am jealous ] Best Wishers Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I am surprised to see that you had to go the full max with Velcade but if its brought you in sight of your 2nd SCT then it will have been worth it.

I am fortunate that it seems I might achieve CR after 3 Cycles after a dramatic plunge from my starting point of 264 kappa light chains down to just 13 after 2 Cylces… but that's where my story hits the barrier as I only just managed a paltry 2.1 million Sten Cells in total which were all used for the !st abortive transplant which only gave me 10 months.

Still, I am looking forward to some sort of remission from the Velcade, my consultant being a bit cautious with a prediction of 6/12 months… I hope to prove that wrong by aiming for 14/18 months… we will see.

The very best of luck with your SCT, the Mephalan isn't pleasant we know but it clears the way for the Stem Cells, allowing them the space to do their work and hopefully give you a good, healthy remission. 🙂

I will be rooting for you, please stay in touch.

All the very best 🙂

Dai.

Elizellen
    Participant

It is good to hear you are all set for your 2nd SCT, Keith. I hope you have a great relaxing holiday to boost you in preparation for the stay in hospital.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

BADGER
    Participant

Good to hear your treatment has worked good idea to have a holiday it will set you up for the next SCT really good luck with that
    Love Jo:-) x

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's guys for your kind thoughts.
    Yes Roz I'm still here alive and kicking.
    I just want to get this latest episode over and get back to a drug free life once again.
    To answer your point Dai I too was quite surprised to complete the full 8 cycles mainly because of the hand and foot spasms that kicked in at the halfway point and were addressed with a small reduction in the dose.
    This kept things on track allowing me to continue with the treatment.
    I will keep you informed of my progress ongoing.

Stay well everybody…Keith.

Roz
    Participant

Glad to hear it Keith,

suppose when no-one knew what had happened I set a ball rolling, Sorry and I'm glad your still kicking.
    Have a good break, enjoy yourself
    Love and best wishes
    Roz

susannah
    Participant

Hi Keith Its good to here Velcade has done the job for you and youre on track for a second SCT

Good Luck and Best Wishes
    Sue x

shirley
    Participant

Glad to hear all is going in the right direction. I've had 2 sct now my last was at xmas just gone,i'm 6months down the line now and doing really well,so good luck to you on getting your 2nd one. Enjoy your time away,i'm away in August,like you it will great not to think of hospitals,needles,bloods ect;take care Shirls 🙂

Min
    Participant

Hi Kieth pleased to hear your ok, have a lovely holiday/break. Forget all about hospitals and needles for a while. Peter is in the Freeman right now in the ENT ward… they have never nursed a cancer patient so when I went in tonight to shave his pi bald head they were shocked. Ward 33 where you will be is a lovely place and really nice staff too.
    love Min

Georgina
    Participant

Hi Keith

Good to hear from you.

Hope you have a great break before the SCT. Good luck with the SCT and I hope you get a long long remission.

Keep strong
    Georgina x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Keith

Can I join the others in wishing you a good break before your next SCT. Do hope while you are away you can feel like a "normal" person for a few days!

Very best wishes for all the future holds.

Mavis

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2nd SCT’ is closed to new replies.