5 months on from losing dad

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tanya
    Participant

Hi all,

I thought I'd just check in and update you all on how things are. As some may know I said goodbye to my dad back in April. Here we are 5 months on and it is easier. Sometimes it is raw but most days we get on with our normal as best we can. It's busy here with little ones so that leaves little room for grief. Today is a hard day for me. It's my middle child's 4th birthday and dad was the first person we called after each baby was born. He also always called on birthdays so today would have been a day I would have definitely spoken to my dad if he was here. Between you and me I did speak to him today but obviously it was another of those one way conversations.

A few of my friends have dad's with a cancer diagnoses this summer. I guess I am just the first to go through this 'phase' of our lives.

To all those out there dealing with grief, enjoy the good days, embrace the hard days and remember the happy times.

Tanya

onlyme
    Participant

Hi Tanya, I don't think it ever leaves us, the pain that is deep down there, from losing a loved one…
    Your message was lovely and it's strange how some days that feeling of loss hits us more when it's a poignant day or birthday or anniversary…
    Stay strong and like you I have children that keep me busy and have helped me through..
    At times I feel guilty for letting them see me upset, but then I tell myself that they need to understand that sometimes emotions take over… And that I can be ok and laughing after… I lost my Mum year ago and I still think of her everyday and talk to her , as her picture is on my fridge!
    Look after yourself and keep in touch..
    Angie x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Tanya

Glad you are keeping in touch. Five months isn't long in this bereavement process so you sound to be doing well.

Love yourself and do good things. It is what your dad would want.

Lots of love.

Mavis xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘5 months on from losing dad’ is closed to new replies.