A Postcard from New Zealand

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Dear All
    As we flew in over the green dendritic fingers of land in a turquoise blue sea last Sunday, I found myself close to tears. How far l have come in the last 16 months.
    It was the morning of my 58th birthday, the 2nd day of my new great nephews life, and 9 months since my SCT.
    We have toured around for the last week, it is exhausting and amazing at the same time. I feel totally blessed to be here.
    Wish you all manage to get here too.
    Love Helen

Perkymite
    Participant

Have a real good time, you deserve it.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

DaiCro
    Participant

Belated Happy Birthday Helen,

Have the holiday of a lifetime and enjoy every moment… with plenty of pictures to share when you get back.

Much love, 😀

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Hi Helen

A beautiful place and its nearly winter there,I enjoyed the peace you do not have the flight paths or the motorways.

Slim and I next year,hoping to do Christmas but will have to see.
    Have a lovely time. love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Helen
    sounds wonderful I hope you holiday is marvellous you deserve a really good time
    Love Jo x

Elizellen
    Participant

I am so glad you are enjoying your holiday, Helen.

The closest I have got to NZ is watching the Lord of the Rings films, so I really envy you the experience.

Eliz
    XX
    X

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Lovely to hear from you.
    What a great birthday. Happy birthday and many more to come.
    Looking forward to all your vacation news if you want to share.
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Hello Everyone
    Back home again, no ill effects except massive jet lag both sides of the journey, so I'm about to plan the next trip, better get the atlas out! Will sort out a photo or 2 when awake.
    Was back to clinic this morning, still in complete remission, so started cycle 8 of maintenance Revlimid today.

Have read a few of the posts over the last 24 hours but lost the plot with them, hope you are all ok out there

Dai, hang on with your purposeful outlook,
    Elizabeth, we visited the Hobbiton film set with the great nephews, very exciting.
    David hope your holiday is as good as mine was, Tresco I'm told is a must see.
    Teresa hope all is a bit easier for you at the minute
    And Jo good to know you are still well
    Love Helen

Helen
    Participant

i'm trying to post some photos and failing miserably:-(

eve
    Participant

Hi Helen
    it worked,but you have not said what beach it is or were!!!!
    What amazed me about NZ every new turning had beautiful scenery, Would be out there again if we could,ONe of the good things to come Love Eve

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    what a lovely photo of you and sister?
    Glad to hear you are still in complete remission and hope you go on for another 50 cycles of Revlimid.
    Nice new hair
    Love Teresa

Helen
    Participant

Dear Eve and Teresa
    I had abandoned the computer, didn't realise the post finally loaded, it is of Sullivan Bay in the Mahurangi Park, north of Auckland. I think we were gathering shells for the little boys, though secretly I stashed some in my pocket and they are on my kitchen table now.
    You are right Eve the scenery is spectacular, round every bend, another stunning view, I'll try to have another go tomorrow
    Love Helen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A Postcard from New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.