Advice!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rabbit 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

davina
    Participant

My son is 29, he was diagnosed at 24. He is now coming out of remission and also needs both hips replaced due to the steriods during treatment. Every time he goes for bloods I’m just waiting to be told he has to start treatment again. The waiting is driving me crazy. I don’t want him to have to go through it all again but I also want him too as then we will know what’s happening and how he responds. I feel like I’m in a never ending cycle of anxiety and worry! Any advice?

rabbit
    Participant

Hi Davina,

The last 5 years must have been so tough on you both. I have MM and I have offspring in their twenties. To watch your son go through the diagnosis, treatment and side effects would have been traumatic.

You aay that he is coming out of remission. The chemo has improved over the last 5 years. New treatments such as bispecific antibodies have been approved and refined (the side effects are better controlled now), and they are highly effective for a large majority of patients. You might want to read the discussion on the ‘Treatment’ section of this forum about Elrantamab, for example.

He has to have treatment and you have to watch and help as best you can. There is no other way, but he and you will get through it, and there will, honestly, be better days ahead.

Regards
    Rabbit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.