Angry with evil Myeloma -the enemy!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

Just wanted to say a big thanks and send out a big cyberhug to all of you for your kind replies to my initial post. It's both reassuring and comforting to know that we are on the same journey. I visualise myself swimming in choppy waters but never stopping and this helps. I'll defy those evil myeloma cells- I'll not let them win! How dare they try to ruin my beautiful life and destroy my cosy world. I'm so angry with this enemy within me. I'm feeling very emotional today. I have a feeling that I'll develop a long friendship with this forum. x

dickb
    Participant

And a 'love to hate it relationship' with MM. Unlike Partners, you can rant and rave at us and we won't end up fighting with you, so I'm sure your friendship with the site will be long lasting and as fufilling as other friendships. Welcome onboard.

Vicki
    Participant

Hey

Well done you, there will be ups and downs but you can do it. This forum has been a godsend to me as the supporter and Colin as the sufferer! Make sure you keep talking its most important 🙂

Vicki and colin

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Chrissie

Read your first post and meant to come on and welcome you – but went out of my head. So welcome to a great bunch of people who will be there for you. My husband smouldered for 7 years before treatment. I was so glad to read you attitude – well done you 🙂

Take care
    Love Jean

tom
    Participant

Hi Chrissie

Well done you and your Spirit that's the best way to tackle this darn MM head on and am sure you will scare it to back of for a bit.

Stay strong and we are all with you on your road to remission

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

BADGER
    Participant

hi Be as angry as you like I have never stopped being angry since I was diagnosed one week after I retired all the plans I had went out the window learnt to live with the devil but never stopped being angry this forum is a great support I think it saved my life when I discovered it
    Keep well
    Jo

Harmony
    Participant

Hi, thank you! I found your words 'scared, stubborn and intending to live to a ripe old age' truly inspirational. They sum up how I feel right now.xx

Harmony
    Participant

I can really relate to this. It's like we're all holding hands and swimming together.x

Harmony
    Participant

Absolutely Tom! There's strength in numbers.x

Harmony
    Participant

Thank you Jean. How is your husband now?

Harmony
    Participant

Thank you Jo. You keep well too.x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Chrissie

Frank gets tired very easily but I think he tried to do things too quickly. We went on a 16 day cruise and I think it was too soon after SCT and took long. We try to go on as usual and put grandchildren keeps us on our toes. Another problem has raised it's ugly head – nothing to do with myeloma – I hope. I had to see an eye consultant about cataracts and he was more interested in a spot on Franks eyebrow and told him to see dr. Long story short saw a dermatologist yesterday and he has to have biopsies beginning December. Something else for me to worry about

Ok rant over 🙂 . Going to have a nice gin and tonic. Take care
    Jean x

dickb
    Participant

Hi Harmony,

The scared was how I felt just after diagnosis, I am not so scared now, just a little anxious sometimes. My wife thinks I am still stubborn, she says I cut my nose off to spite my face and as for living to a ripe old age, there are two reasons: First, I've paid into various pension schemes and that's my money so I want to enjoy it. Secondly, I haven't had those father daughter chats that go along the line of "your not not going out looking like that" and "what have your brought home this time". Our daughter's only 6 so I've got to keep going for a few years yet.

Richard

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Harmony

Somehow I missed your first post. Sorry you have had to join us on here, but welcome any way! I do hope you will be smouldering for many years to come and in the mean time many more treatments are coming on stream. Also, the American "Black Swan" Project just might come up with a cure for the enemy MM!

We all need that fighting spirit, it is what keeps us going.

Sending you love for the fight.

Mavis

Harmony
    Participant

Hi Jean,

Frank's incredibly lucky to have a supportive wife by his side to lean on. I'm sure that your combined strength will help him to tackle everything. My husband is trying his best but sometimes, I wonder if he's partly in denial when he says things like 'as far as I understand, this is a long term thing..' How does he know whether it's long term or not? I'm probably being nitpicky but I wish he'd say 'I hope it's longterm' rather than 'it is longterm'. I want to be positive and I want him to be positive with me but we also have to be honest/realistic/not duck our heads in the sand. It's a tough old life but I guess that we have to get a metaphorical tennis racket out and whack whatever it throws at us across the survival net! xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Angry with evil Myeloma -the enemy!’ is closed to new replies.