Another New Carer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jmh001 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jmh001
    Participant

Hi I'm Jo and new to the forum. I have been wondering whether I should join in or try to live in happy ignorance of other peoples problems. But I am finding posts really informative and wanted to share experiences. My partner was diagnosed with MM last July and is due a SCT at the end of January at the QE Birmingham. He has got through the CTD quite well and his pps are at zero on last test. All sounds very encouraging and he is being really positive. I am just hoping he can progress through the SCT as well and that remission will be good. It's all such a worry though and great to think I can now contact others in the same boat. Jo x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Jo

Welcome to the site. Sorry you have had to join, but at least is sounds as if your partner has responded well to the treatment. You can't beat a zero reading! This gives a very good starting point for the SCT. There will be lots of folk on here who can give you advice about that.

All good wishes to you both.

Mavis

tom
    Participant

Hi Jo and Partner

Welcome to the site 😀 and I know you made the correct decision to join 😎

Good Luck for the SCT I had mine in December 2009 and am doing great.

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Jo welcome glad you have joined us . It sounds as if your partner is coping well and I am sure your support makes that possible. We all need an outlet though and there are so many lovely people on here to offer you support Good luck and keep posting Bridget

jmh001
    Participant

Thanks for the fantastic replies. It's so good to know that I can talk to others who understand the condition. Nige has got his date for the SCT which is 1st Feb. This is light at the end of the tunnel as we both remain positive that he will pull through and start feeling well enough to go looking for a job. He was made redundant just before all this started and hasn't felt well enough to even think about a job. Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another New Carer’ is closed to new replies.