Another SCT journey about to start

This topic contains 26 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

scott9
    Participant

I'm starting to get pretty nervous. Tomorrow I'm off to Kings to have the Hickman line fitted. They want me to stay in after that as Day 0 is Tuesday and I get my chemo infusion then. Stem cells to go back in later in the week. I guess I'll be there two or three weeks to part recover. I'll keep the post updated as best as I can as it may be useful to others heading for this treatment.

All the best

Scott

tom
    Participant

Hi Scott

Good Luck with it am not gonna say don't worry because you can't, but I will say its a doable , I sit here in remission and drug free and am on six month consultations now.

Eat eat and eat some more build yourself up as soon you won't be able to face food.

All the best Scott

Tom onwards and upwards x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Scott

Just want to wish you al the best and good luck for tomorrow. As Tom says its doable. Hope your journey is trouble free

Love Jean

Edward
    Participant

Hey Scott,

Nice to catch up with you this morning on the 'phone.

Good luck with the SCT.

I can now keep a close eye on you now that I have registered here.

[b]@All[/b], I'm a mate of Scott, known him for years. He is one of the good guys! 🙂

cheers
    Edward

eve
    Participant

Hi Scott

Wi Fi about £15 for a month in Kings good reception,Am I right in saying its your second SCT????

Wishing you the best,Slim and I Found Kings very efficient although food yak,but could not give him enough ice cream and milk,plus lots of pots,staff very nice..Eve

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Scott

Best of luck with your forth coming sct. It's not something anyone would look forward too, try to think beyond that and your recovery. Best of luck and hope you sail through it

Vicki and Colin x

tonyf
    Participant

Scott wishing you all the very best with your stem cell transplant. A few days of discomfort and you will be on the up!
    Good luck
    Tony F

Ali
    Participant

Hi Scott

Wishing you an "event" free SCT. Exactly this time last year my Mum had hers, she's now in remission and enjoying her life. Head down, grit teeth, whatever it takes to get you through. You will soon be back home.

All the best

Love Ali x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Scott

Hope all goes well with the SCT and you get a long remission.

Maureen

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Scott,

Best of luck for the SCT, hope all goes well and you get a long remission.

Karen x

scott9
    Participant

A huge thanks to all for the support. I showed this to Linda (my better half) and she thought it is just fantastic how everyone supports each other. Day 1 at Kings just about over. Hickman line in place etc etc etc. tomorrow the chemo and I discovered that is not day zero. That will be when the stem cells go back in so I actually have two day zeros as that will happen on Thursday and Friday. In view of the fact my kidneys are badly impaired Wednesday will be a rest day to help flush the chemo out before the transplant. They seem to know what they are doing here thank goodness!

Eve- this is my first SCT. I declined the operation when I was first in remission back in 2011. I chose maintenance therapy instead but that only worked for a year. As I'm running out of options I thought I ought to give this a go now I'm back in remission again.

All the best

Scott

BADGER
    Participant

the very best of luck Scott I really hope you will be ok and sail though it will be thinking about you
    Lots of love Jo x

Jacquie
    Participant

Good luck Scott take it one day at a time. You will get through. Will check time to time to see how you are going on.

Regards

Jacquie 🙂

john62
    Participant

Hi scott
    Good look we are all with you.

john.

scott9
    Participant

We are in the same boat Jo what with our damaged kidneys. Maybe if I get through this OK you might consider the SCT option as well. Anything to keep us going!

All the best

Scott

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Another SCT journey about to start’ is closed to new replies.