Anti MAG antibodies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  misswoosie 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

misswoosie
    Participant

Anyone out there have raised Anti MAG antibody levels? I had a paraprotein (IgM) detected  over  a year ago and was just being followed up by GP but as I had ongoing health problems I asked for a re referral. Because I mentioned some problems with feeling in my feet and balance he checked my Anti MAG antibody level and they’re raised.

He’s referring me to a Neurologist

Not really a lot out there to read about except that these antibodies interfere with the production of myelin which is on the outside of nerves . Without correctly functioning myelin the signals can “get lost” on their way back and forth to the spinal column. This is similar to what happens with MS.

kruzgal
    Participant

My husband is positive for anti mag, also waiting for an appointment with a neurologist. Not much information out there sadly but there is an active Facebook group, if you are not already a member.

misswoosie
    Participant

Hi kruzgal,
    Agree not a lot of info out there and a paucity of research too. I’m still trying to find out about a study called iMAGine. It’s not a clinical trial, more a registry with follow up to find more information about progression,response to treatments etc Are you in the US?

I’m only a member of a French facebook group.

What symptoms does your husband have?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anti MAG antibodies’ is closed to new replies.