Back in Hospital

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Pickle2024 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Nicola Sorry about that txt – this predictive text can be a curse. After I re read it I wondered how you could understand it!!! Frank at last is feeling good. He even made breakfast this morning. Takes the chemo on Monday and he feels bad for about 18 hours. He was taking them in the morning but changed to take them at night so he could sleep through most of bad affects. It seems to work for him.

I hope the withdrawal starts to ease but although its hard I keep telling Frank "whatever it takes". My best wishes to your dad and don't forget to take care of yourself
    Nicola your dad and Frank are at roughly the same stage. If you want to talk or ask questions please email me jmsmyth11@hotmail,com. There are a few people on the forum that I contact when I have questions or need to rant.

Love Jean x

Pickle2024
    Participant

Im used to preducative text lol!!

Thanks for your email address, its always good to be able to talk to people in the same situation. Dads email is mbba15721@blueyonder.co.uk if you wish to ask anything about Frank too. Dad is checking his emails but wont be able to type much of a reply but his "secretary" (me) will be able to answer on his behalf lol! He gets great comfort from hearing what other people are going through and it is all "normal".

His main question is "when and if he will be able to drive" once his treatment has finished. I'm not sure how long it takes for the drugs to get out of the system and muscle tone to build up again. Dads not having a sct as far as we know so as long as his blood results are all ok he will find out if he is to go on maintenance.

Love to you both

Nicola x

Pickle2024
    Participant

Dad mentioned today that you have sent him an email. I'm not sure if hes managed to reply but i'll be at home the next couple of days so should be able to come back to you :-). Hes got a hospital appt tomorrow for a blood test and has had a bit of a bad day today with those damn steroids!!!

Thanks again Jean

Nicola xx

Vicki
    Participant

Nioola,

Just catching up on your posts. I hope your dads hospital appointment went well today. I'm sorry to hear that he is suffering the side effects. When Colin was on induction treatment he did suffer with dex…..moody, tearful and up all hours of the night!

Hope all goes well. Is your dad going to hVe an SCT at the end of his induction treatment (sorry I've missed it if you've already said :-))

Vicki and Colin x

Pickle2024
    Participant

Hi Vicky and Colin,

Dad has a chest infection and been prescribed strong antibiotics. He's not been too well all week so I'm hoping they will kick in quickly and make him feel better. We saw the consultant today and he has been pleased with his progress but could see how much he is suffering. They wanted to give him another couple of months on ctd but don't think his body will cope so he's taken him off all treatment to allow his body to recover. His light chains were down from 8000 to 52 last month, unfortunately he didn't have the results from his last blood year and urine sample. His pp are 0 but were only 0.1 when he started. He was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago with chest pain and was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation so I guess that's his body's way of telling him that's enough. Dad is really pleased so were just hoping he will be able to get some energy back and be able to walk abit more than he can at the moment. He's not having a sct and were not sure if he's going onto maintenance, I assume we're hear from them soon. In the meantime he's having monthly appts and blood tests to monitor him. Everything crossed he will start to feel better quickly.

Thanks for asking about him. It is all a worry but good to hear from other people going through the same.

Take care

Nicola xx

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Back in Hospital’ is closed to new replies.