Back op news

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi All
    Just thought I'd pop by and give you a little update re my back operation.
    I had the operation on Saturday about midday. My first time under a general anaesthetic wow that was a weird experience. I think I was out for 2 hours. The pain afterwards wasn't too bad and managed to get by on paracetamol. I was given a room to myself and it had a TV result! They kept me in overnight as us MMers need special care. Spent most of the night watching TV which I found strange then I remembered through the haze of drugs the word dexamethasone was mentioned and everything fell into place. The next morning I had blood tests and was seen by the physiotherapist once I proved I could manage to go up and down stairs she was happy for me to go home. So just after lunch I was discharged.
    Once home I rested up and concentrated on moving as little as possible. Then I remembered it was time to take my cyclophosphamide oh joy! So come Monday I was hardly able to get about and I was feeling nauseas too. Not a happy chappy. Anyway I'm glad to say the nausea passed and I'm a lot more mobile now and Steph says my posture has improved I also think I'm a bit taller.
    So as Tom would say its " onwards and upwards " lol
    Well until Sundays dose of cyclophosphamide anyway.

Every day is a gift

Andy x

eve
    Participant

Hi Andy

Well I am glad for you!!!
    I believe you about the height!!! slim started off 6ft. 1inch Myeloma took him down to 5 ft 8 inches but over a period of time he has gained an inch,we put it down to the Zometa,Slim has been on it from the start,it was reviewed ,but when it came back,it was one a month.

That Dex has a lot to answer for,Slim and I are like passing ships in the night,tried normality ,but it does not work hence this posting at 4 am,learn,t to go with the flow.Love Eve

dickb
    Participant

Good news then, when I looked at the time of your post I though 'He's on Dexy' Hope the back gets better sooner than later, think you'll have to start looking out for low door frames again.

Vicki
    Participant

Andy

That's absolutely great….good for you. I reckon you will be taller as that cements stuff puffs up the bone. Glad it went well for,you

Vicki and Colin x

san
    Participant

Hi Andy, so pleased for you, great to hear that you are at home and through the rough bit of the op, hopefully you will recover well now San x

tom
    Participant

Hey Andy

Well you have been "Onwards" as you went ahead with the Op and you most certainly been "Upwards" if you have got Taller. 😎

Hope ur soon better my Friend and keep your height 😀

You have the gift and I know you will use it 🙂

Tom Onwards and Upwards

bandityoga
    Participant

Glad to know that your op was a success and you are more mobile and your posture has improved. Ian had open surgery and a pin put in his back. I think it was because of the position in his spine as it was the neck to upper back.

Every day is a gift

Maureen x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Back op news’ is closed to new replies.