Bad News…But

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Eva
    Participant

Hi Eve,
    My consultant has suggested the idea of another transplant, and I'm well within the age for such things.
    Not looking forward to it and wonder if we can delay…..
    Eva

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Eva,

I hope you find enough relief to ensure your 'delay' but it is a fine lined call to make. Your having to balance the poor quality of life under the standard treatments against the process of a 2nd SCT… for me I would choose the 2nd SCT and hope and trust in getting a good remission, accompanied by a decent quality of life. 🙂

The good thing is what follows… the time taken to follow through the processes and procedures of the transplant, the recovery and the time to the relapse. Looking down the road we can see a promising array of newly licensed treatments (Pomalyst – Kyprolis etc.) which will most likely be part of the standard treatments by the time you are ready for them… this and the emphasis that the research medics are giving to understanding and employing in the make up of how MM builds up resistance to treatments makes for an interesting and exciting time in the fight against the disease.8-)

I wish you well… in every definition of that small word.;-)

I will second Eve's best wishes with the Revlimid David… I have unfinished business with that particular drug because I am still convinced that my contracting C: Diff and its effect of not allowing the Revlimid to absorb properly meant an untimely move onto Bendamustine… so I am holding out for another go… depending on whether I get my Pomalyst trial later this year … or even when the Pomalyst has done what it can.8-)

I can understand why you came off Velcade but by the sounds of it my PN is further down the road than yours… the difference is, what do you do when your options are limited to the enth degree… my PN observations sheets are almost totally fourth column responses… but we know we will carry on at the maximum dose regardless of any and all observations… its a simple matter of life or the other option… so we carry on regardless.:-D

Best of health to all.:-)

Dai.

Eva
    Participant

Thanks Dai- it's not just a quality of life issue though my response made it sound like that. I have progressed while on Velcade……
    I will take a second transplant if my onc convinces me that's my best option.
    Based on my response to the other one, I might expect a remission of a year.
    Best,
    Eva

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dia

Just got back from holiday and saw your post. ( A very wet one in the Lakes! But as you can guess nothing could take away the thrill of being away.)

Sorry the Velcade is taking its toll, but, as you say, it is a means to an end. As you said in response to another post, there are so many new options on the horizon if you can just keep on hanging in there. If anyone can it will be you. I just crave some quality of life for you.

Love to you and Janet.

Mavis x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Eva

Good luck in your decision making.

Love.

Mavis xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bad News…But’ is closed to new replies.