Bendamustine Bombed?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Went to hospital today for blood test PP's were also checked results on Wednesday.
    At the last two checks they were 9 and then up to 28 so another reading was taken today and I go back Friday for a consultation and further blood tests. the other reads are as follows Plts (20) Hb (8.4) Lymphs ( 0.7) Neuts (1.3) WBC (2.5). Consultant is not too sure wether the rise in PP's is a blip in which case we carry on with the Bendamustine but it could be that the MM is becoming resistant to the treatments and starting to take a stronger hold. He also said the bone marrow is becoming tired of all that has been thrown at it and is starting to succumb. I am penciled in for a BMB next week so that should shine some light on things. Other treatments have been mentioned,CDT&Melphalan being two of them so there are some options but of course I'm a realist if nothing else and things are now in God's hands. My body feels so tired and I find it hard to think and plan my days.
    I want to keep fighting but I think my body has got to the stage where it's just simply had enough.

Good health to all and I hope you all have good health in 2013.

Keith.

Helen
    Participant

Dear Keith
    I'm so sad to hear how fed up you are. What a struggle each and every day must be for you. I do hope they have something else to offer you on Friday and that the pp rise is indeed just a blip. I am thinking about you and hope to hear good results from you so very soon.
    Love Helen

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Sorry to hear your news and really hope it is a blip. If it isn't, at least the consultant has come up with some other options, but its no wonder you're tired and fed up. Take it easy and fingers crossed for Friday.

Wendy

eve
    Participant

Hi Keith

I can understand why you are feeling down and the whole thing must be so tiring ,ask you self how you would feel this time of the year without having MM.most people feel a bit washed out,cold weather rain,and with you the added trips to the hospital,
    I would try to look on it as just a blip,we all know how even a cold can effect us,without the MM.,you have said yourself when you are feeling great your readings are low,

The doctor is being honest with you,there are other things to try,please try to keep your fighting spirit up,I think it,s such a pity that they do not allow Velcade again,it proved to be a good drug for you.I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Keep that fighting spirit up Keith,it will hold you in good stead,attertude often keeps a person going,all the best .Eve

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's Helen,Wendy and Eve for your support. I did mention Velcade to the Consultant and he did say it could be a possibility but no more than that. CDT and MPT were the more likely options. I got a phone call this morning asking me to come in on Thursday for a blood test just in case I need another transfusion which would be done on Friday. I'll keep you all informed.

Keith.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Keith

What a blow that the Bendamustine seems to be loosing its grip. As you say, you are in God's hands – is there a better place? It still doesn't mean we don't have to battle on. I was very impressed by one of the participants on this week's "Songs of Praise". He was a paraolympic who was trying out bionic legs. He said, at the beginning, after his accident, he had to choose whether to cling to "hope" or give in. The theme of the programme was "Hope". It gave me a good boost.

CDT worked well for me (I had six rounds) and am now in remission. It means I have Velcade "in reserve", as it were.

I do hope 2013 is as good a year as possible for you. We battle on together.

All blessings.

Mavis x

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Well you like to have a bit of a rough time dont you ? am sure i told you Nice and "Smooth" with a bit of Vodka and a few nuts keeps my Blips (thats what yours is am sure) at bay 😀
    Am sure you aint gonna let it beat you Keith am sure you have more fight in you its getting near spring and am sure that helps us all M8.

If you do need more treatment the CTD worked for me 😎

Good Luck and lets hope he tells you its a Xmas Blip

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I see that you are in tomorrow for bloods, so I'll reserve judgements or advices until you post the results. It seems very early for Bendamustine to Bomb so like the others I'm hoping for a blip. Like Eve says, the consultant is being honest and has put a couple of alternatives on the table. CDT worked miracles for me as a frontline treatment and as I have stated here several times before, I wish I had run with the remission from CDT rather than push ahead with my SCT… 5 months in and still in full remission without a Myeloma cell in sight when they started down the SCT route… Jo (Badger) got a couple of years or more from CDT and I felt wonderful after it… so.. I wouldn't mind another go at CDT somewhere down the line.

Chin up and the best of luck for tomorrow.

Dai.

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Keith

Just to say i'm thinking of you and like everyone else i'm hoping it's just a blip with your paraproteins. Stay strong and keep up the good fight, we're all behind you.

Love and hugs Lorraine xxxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Keith

I like everyone else hope that this is a blip and that you get good news from the doctor today. Good luck and keep strong, you have so much support here.

Love Jean x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bendamustine Bombed?’ is closed to new replies.