Birmingham Info Day Important info Cheap Hotel

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pjollop
    Participant

For those who are attending the Birmingham info day on Nov 26th and wish to stay overnight the night before, you may be horrified by the quote I have had for 1 person/1 night of £160. (there is no group discount)

3 miles away is the Hotel Ibis birmingham airport (postcode B26 3AW)
    I have just booked I room/1 night at £62.70 (incl breakfast) Just a short 3 mile drive to the Hilton after breakfast for the info day.

NOTE: after booking online you need the card you booked with [b]AND[/b]
    photo I.D. when booking in. (owners of egg credit cards take note since your card will be changing and you will need [u]the one you booked with[/u]

http://www.eurobookings.com/bickenhill-hotels-gb/ibis-birmingham-airport.html?label=bh44526_hotel%20ibis%20birmingham%20airport&gclid=CPHN0M6W_KsCFUoY4QodLVdnjw

I have no connection with Ibis hotels – I do have Myeloma and am attending the info day. Hope this helps,
    Peter Gore

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Peter, thanks for the information I have never attended a Myeloma Information Day. My nearest will probably be Cardiff I think, but I cannot make 5th November. I played with the idea of going to Birmingham on the 26th, after you kindly did all the research, but decided to wait until Cardiff comes around again next year.

I have been trying to think where your site name "pjollop" comes from 😀

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

pjollop
    Participant

Having been to a couple of info days I strongly reccomend them as a great information and social event – as much a good day out meeting people in a similar situation as a fund of positive and useful information.
    (the 'pjollop ' was one of my army nicknames derived from my first two initials of PJ )

Min
    Participant

Just to add its £65 at THE VILLAGE in Sollihull which is only a short distance down the motorway from the airport. But beware of all the speed cameras in the area!

rebecca
    Participant

Hi Peter

Many thanks for passing this information on and my apologies for booking such an expensive hotel. We haven't held an Infoday in Birmigham for such a long time and I was surprised at the prices I was quoted for hotels in the area. The reason we are using the Hilton is that we use this chain for other events across the UK so I was able to negotiate the price of the meeting rates but was unable to influence the accomodation rates.

We will be in the hotel for the welcome reception from 7pm-8.30pm on Friday 25 Novemember so I hope you can all join us for drink and a chat.

Thanks again, my apologies and if anyone has any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 0131 557 3332.

Rebecca

tom
    Participant

Well done Peter, I have never been to a Info day either ? will I get to one?? Lord knows too much on My agenda but I will try to get to one, you never know I might enjoy it he he.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Birmingham Info Day Important info Cheap Hotel’ is closed to new replies.