Charity Chosen

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Avis 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Avis
    Participant

Dear All

Just to let you all know I was diagnosed in Nov 2010 and went through all my treatment, and now in Remission September will be one year….But the best news is that I nominated Myeloma UK for my company who were looking for a charity in the UK to sponsor and they have chosen Myleoma UK, my contribution to the charity as we need to find a cure…..

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Avis,

Great news all round… your remission firstly and then the adoption of Myeloma UK as your company's chosen charity.8-)

Are you back at work? If so I hope you are taking things slowly and easily… don't give MM a chance to bite at you because you are overdoing it. I don't think for a second that doing too much will reactivate the disease but any peripheral bone damage can cause fractures etc. So nice and easy please.:-D

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you stay around for a while so we get to know you.:-)
    Regards

Dai.

Debs
    Participant

Great news Avis

Well done for getting that done – the charity is amazing so I think they deserve every penny we can raise for them!

Take care
    Debsx

eve
    Participant

Dear Avis
    I do admire all these people who go the extra mile,it is so nice the firm you work for is making Myeloma there charity of the year.

I find it takes me all my time just to function and I am just the carer.

I wish you well Avis .Eve

Gill
    Participant

Hi Avis,

Firstly congratulations on being in remission and long may it last. Secondly thank you so much for managing to get your company to sponsor mm uk. What a great achievment. I hope you keep in touch

Kind regards Gill

Avis
    Participant

thanks for your response, I am taking it easy I work as a office manager so my job is sitting down most of the day.

Avis
    Participant

Thanks Debs

Avis
    Participant

Thanks Gill, I will

Avis
    Participant

Thank you Eve

Elizellen
    Participant

Congratulations on your remission, Avis!

It is good to hear that you are feeling able to carry on working now – but do make sure you listen to your body and take things easy if you feel you need to.

Thank you for making such a great contribution by persuading your company to "adopt" Myeloma UK as their charity to support this year.

Eliz
    XX
    X

Avis
    Participant

Thank you Eliz, I do take it easy…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Charity Chosen’ is closed to new replies.