Christmas joy.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

It’s going to be my first Christmas post-diagnosis and somehow, this year feels extra special and not to be taken for granted. I’m grateful to be feeling healthy as those evil cells smoulder away. I’m looking forward to cooking dinner for the family and gobbling up every morsel of feeling healthy and well while it lasts. I have this greed to devour life, hug my children and shower them with love, enjoy the solidity and security of my marriage. The ticking time bomb does make you appreciate every morsel. And so even if the turkey gets burnt and the Brussels are overcooked, this will be the best Christmas ever because I’m going to bask in the warmth of the bright lights, the merriment and good will. Thinking of all of you – all of us!

dickb
    Participant

Bah Humbug! lol

sallyw
    Participant

Its our first Christmas since my partner was diagnosed with the smouldering kind of hell.

I totally agree with you that we should make the most of the healthy time we have and be thankful for what we have.

I hope you have a fantastic time this Christmas and for many more to come

Long may you Smoulder.

Happy Christmas to all

Harmony
    Participant

I hope that your partner smoulders for a long time too! My G.P recently told me about a patient who is now in his eighties who has been smouldering since his diagnosis, when he was in his forties! In the ‘Myeloma Matters magazine’ for Autumn, there’s a short piece written by a woman who was diagnosed with smouldering MM 21 years ago. I would love to know if these people have followed special diets or taken a good supplement. I guess I’m just hunting for good news stories! Happy Christmas, sending love and cyber hugs your way.x

Tharewood
    Participant

I was newly diagnosed in June 2013, I work in NHS and it was really hard telling my colleagues. When I was diagnosed the first thing I wanted to know was how long I had left and the Consultant told me worse case scenario was 4-4 1/2 years. When I spoke to the Clinical Lead where I work I was very surprised that her aunt had been living with myeloma for the past 15 years and a family friend told me they were living with it for over 9 years which gave me more hope. I am like you looking forward to Christmas and spending quality time with my family. It’s shocking how something like this make you realise that time is so very precious and intend to grab it with both hands and enjoy. I wish us all a very good Christmas and a healthier new year.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Harmony

Happy Christmas. Do hope it is a very special year. One thing about a diagnosis of MM is it does make you value each day. Perhaps in this way, it is one of its gifts!

As Andy says ” each day is a gift, use it well.”

Blessings to you and your family.

Mavis xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hello all

A happy Christmas to you all, enjoy every moment. Life is for living. Take care and enjoy xx

Harmony
    Participant

I guess that we have to grab life with both hands and live and love and squeeze beautiful, precious moments out of it! x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Christmas joy.’ is closed to new replies.