Cleaning Up Before Hospital Release

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  eve 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Mary and Charlie

Good to hear Charlie sailed through it,no side effects,wow.keep it up and may your remission be a long long one,and you can do all those things,you were looking forward to when he retired.

As for maintenance,if you feel in the slightest doubt do not do it,this is one area I think you should brush up on, lots of different opinion about the rev as maintenance,looking back Slim was randomised for no maintainance,I do not think it would have made any difference in his case.Mary I would do my home work,ask people on this site who are on it,either way even if you go on it,and want to come off it you can

There are some interesting article on The Myeloma Beacon on maintenance .Love Eve

Stanstan
    Participant

Thanks Eve

We shall look into it and read that article. How is Slim now and how long has it been?
    Would love to go on holiday but that won't be for a while yet. Moving at the same time doesn't help but, fingers crossed all will go well.

Has Slim been on nothing at all?

Love Mary & Charlie8-)

eve
    Participant

Hi Mary and Charlie

It's now 2 1/2 years since he started trials,M X1 he got randimised for CDT,failed then CDV,that worked had SCT,ramdimised for no maintainance ,but it was back in less than 6 months. Now on CDR 6 cycles then its automatic maintainance with Revilimid ,as there will be no remission:-S

I did read up about it,at the time Europe stopped maintainance : I think you have to ask yourself s ,about the quality of life you want.from reading it does prolong your remission,but people are questioning the quality of the remission!!

This does not apply to Slim,we went straight to France then on a cruise then to NZ ,I could see Slim going down hill,I asked for a BMB,they said it was unusual,but after "you prove me wrong attitude:-P " they agreed,it was back.,so I say this with a lot of kindness,S-D the move,get a firm in who pack and un pack,the house will be there no matter what!!! We're does Charlie want to go!! Book it and go!!!? As soon as you get the all clear.

I remember when Charlie came on here,he could not see a future retirement all the things he wanted to do8-) Well you have been given a second chance,don't waste it. Good luck for the future.Eve and Slim

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning Up Before Hospital Release’ is closed to new replies.