Colin SCT plan b!

This topic contains 167 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Wow are we seeing new photo's here 😀 all looking great.

Keep strong you all looks like winter is dragging itself closer for us 🙁

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all,

A real flurry of activity so will try and cover all the bases! We put a photo on cos we thought it rude to speak to all you guys and know what you're like and we remained anonymous!. The new date for SCT Jean is Monday 29th oct, that said we did geta letter saying Thursday 29th but we think that's an admin error so keeping us on our toes!

Re the dex, Colin seemed to find those worse than the others, although revlimid seemed to knock him as well….but I guess that was what it was supposed to do!

Andy I see that your pps went up a couple or so on the other post! :-(, bet that's a blip. I am sure I read somewhere else that another forum friend had gone up a bit but it was a blip, so here's hoping! See I told you you just need more sun to bring them down. Nothing boring about going to same place, food and lounging by the pool. How great would that be now and given the weather is wall to wall mist and fog down here!

Helen, it has been lovely hasn't it!, well last weekend was, wall to wall fog now. We are going to see some friends tomorrow for a nice meal, and then having some friends over here, takes our mind off what's coming! All safety checked for no bugs and viruses!.

Ali, I could just envisage you and your mum at the theatre!. I would have had a good go at removing everyone who I thought was a threat :-), and probably would have taken my own detox…..me over react, never :-). I'm sure mum will pick up things as we all have done in the past and not thought about it…..just brings it all to the fore after what your mums been through. Hope she is feeling a bit better now?

Ann and Peter, good to see who you are too! Glad to hear that peters results are looking good and SCT date is looming. I hope the other tests come back ok, maybe the swelling etc wil settle down when he comes off the induction treatment before SCT?. HospitL for Christmas eh…..is there ever a good time and as long as the outcomes good who cares….the you can rebuild and start living life again, as all our forum friends have said, go for it. We intend to, too!

Adamsp, thanks for the good advice….at the mo we'd settle for anywhere by the sea, but for now it's our gate and bracing ourselves to get through the SCT challenge….but you guys have a great holiday :-).

Tom, you are right, we've had wall to wall winter for the last two days, we don't think it's got light really yesterday or today! We are hoping our date is definitely Monday 29th, it's Thursday 29th on letter so we assume just an admin error! The build up has been like the krypton factor….we have to guess what happens next 🙂

Will keep you all posted, and bracing ourselves for a cols snap!

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

And a Lovely Looking Couple if you dont mind me sauing 😀
    Am sure you will cope with the flurry lord you have been doing it for long enough now He he. I hope its a printing error but ad give them a ring to make sure its not this thursday I would hate you to miss the day after all this time, I used to love Krypton Factor so together we would have it cracked 🙂

Yep we have had the fog nearly all day today and its not getting better till the weekend so they say.
    Good Luck to you Both and wish Colin a smooth SCT.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Nice photo chris, by the way. Only just noticed to click on it!

Hope Lena is feeling ok, and trying to keep relaxed!

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vikki

Yes, deffo check with the hospital re dates, just to make sure. Its been horrible and murky here in Nottinghamshire too, for once I didnt mind being at work! Enjoy your meal with your friends, wont be long now until you can start putting all this behind you.:-) Will you start a new thread when Colin goes in? scrolling down to the bottom takes an age!.

When the man coughed directly behind us at the show – well, I turned around and if looks could kill! and I kept on turning around! It didnt stop him though, poor chap. Shes alot better now thanks, just an ordinary stomach bug. I can laugh abit now as I did over react somewhat!

Love Ali x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Andy

The hol sounds fantastic, just nice to chill out. I bet you have made some friends there over the years. My favourite Greek food has to be Stifado.

What you say is right, cant live life in a bubble. My Mum and Dad cannot wait to get away abroad. I think anywhere would do, but they will have to wait a while yet. We are all planning a family holiday next year, which I am looking forward to, and again anywhere warm will do as long as we are together 🙂

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Dear Vikki
    Just to say good luck to Colin and yourself for Monday, many pjs, baby wipes, tissues and a lip salve at the ready? Ice pops in the freezer? Large pile of towels, face cloths etc for daily changes, and an extra carrier for the dirty laundry:-0, iPod iPad, phone and charger, book? All packed? Ok then you are ready to go, hope it all goes to plan, thinking of you
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Vikki best of British luck for Colin on Monday. Hope all goes well. Will cross everything

Love Jean xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Vikki and Colin

Just popped in to wish you the best,you do not need it though,you both seem to have the right attitude,will all be over in a months time,and although it will seem a long time to get back to good health,you do get there.Eve

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks very much for the kind words and advice. Getting all the gadgets ready and of course the list as per yours Helen. Hadn't thought of the lip salve so will get that! We're very much the waiting game now. We have to ring up at 0830 in the morning to make sure there is a bed…..that would be all we'd need!

Will keep you all posted on the new thread, here's to a months time, godwilling, back home and building up time begins 🙂

Stay well all

Vicki and Colin x

andyg
    Participant

Hi Vicki & Colin
    We hope everything goes to plan tomorrow and that Colin sails through the sct with the minimum of side effects.
    All the best and good luck
    Andy & Steph xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Wishing Colin the very best of luck in getting a smooth a ride as possible through his SCT. There's not a lot you can do from this point now Vicki, apart from keeping him company (there will be lots of silent watching, reading, dozing etcetera from the both of you) and making him as comfortable as possible. From about four days in until he spikes or produces the magical 0.1 it will be anything from mildly unpleasant to one thing after another… but nothing he can't put up with. Once you 'bottom out' you feel like a skeleton with little to no energy… taste buds and hydration kaput and all you want is distractions and sleep.:-P

We all go through the Welsh/Irish Rugby Full Back stage (Dai O'Rear) to some extent or other but all the other little nasties (sore throat, nausea, rashes, cracked lips etc., etc.) are optional… some get the lot, some escape them all (I was fortunate… none of the nasties and only 2 days on the pitch).:-)

The good thing is that it really does seem to go very quickly. Janet caught a cold on the day they gave me my Mephalan and she wasn't well enough to visit me until the day after my 0.1… (she called into the ward nearly every day with supplies, fresh jim jams etc., but our SCT ward at Nottingham is made up entirely of ensuite, single rooms so while she could call in to the front desk (complete with mask) she couldn't visit… and to tell the truth I was rather glad, because although I had a pretty smooth SCT I looked like Skeletor, complete with grey skin drawn tight around my face and neck and I know how much it would have upset her… with daily visiting you don't notice it so much but the occasional visit would make the change far more dramatic.:-/

That's the SCT for you really… looking and sounding far, far worse than the actual experience.:-D

All the best and here;s to 0.1 and full recovery, followed by a long and happy remission.8-)

Dai.

Elizellen
    Participant

Wishing you both an uneventful next few weeks, Vicki and Colin, wiht everything going to plan and not too many nasties!

And remember to take care of yourself, Vicki.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin,

I hope everything goes to plan tomorrow and that there is a bed for Colin! I have followed your thread since I first joined the site and I am happy that you have overcome all the hurdles to get to this point. Good luck for tomorrow.

Megan

Jacquie
    Participant

Just to wish you good luck and hope Colin's SCT goes to plan will be checking in on his progress x

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Colin SCT plan b!’ is closed to new replies.