Criteria for Remission

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  peterl 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

peterl
    Participant

Hello Helen,

Good to hear from you again.  Sorry to hear your LCs increased again after you stopped the VTD treatment.  It appears that this is quite a common occurrence, as well as some patients initially breaking records for LC reductions.  I guess I’m fortunate that I’m in the latter category, but it’s clear that there’s not a lot of connection between early success and ongoing LC reductions.  One can only hope…!

But what is clear that these days, there’s a whole list of credible data showing long to very long remission (plateau) periods. Years and years.

Frankly, while at the moment, MM cannot be classed as curable, for my money, and in my simple view – patients who exhibit such long remission times (and continue to do so), are classed in my ‘non-medical’ view as cured.  Thank goodness for modern drugs and those about to be approved.

Can I ask if your LCs were kappa or lambda?  Mine are lambda and apparently worse for kidney impairment.

Best wishes again, and good luck with your treatment in hospital.  Take care on the way home.

Peter

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Criteria for Remission’ is closed to new replies.