Curly Hair after SCT.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lizc 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Babs
    Participant

HI all,
    Before I had my SCT I had not found this site and since my hair has grown back it has come through really curly!!! I have only just started to read that this seems to be the norm, I have to say I quite like not having to spend time brushing and drying my hair but can any one tell me does it eventually stop growing curly please?
    Love Babs

Babs
    Participant

P.S.
    I must update my photo as current one on here was taken way back in the summer ! 🙂
    Babs

Helen
    Participant

Hi Babs
    Mine came back very curly and much thicker but very dull, it stayed like that for about 6 months then it went straight, much straighter than before, so I dyed it blonde and wear it short and spiked. It is now very high maintenance, takes ages to do.
    Love Helen

TinaP
    Participant

Mine has grown back much darker (I was blonde) with grey in it!!

eve
    Participant

Hi Babs

Yep my husband has lovely locks plus from grey he went brown,I refuse to cut it
    ,in case they disappear ,he had straight hair before,I think it does go back to the way it was.:-S Eve

HelenR
    Participant

Hi all,

I didn't have SCT but lost my hair from the induction chemo.

It's grown back a fairly similar colour with a bit more grey possibly (I still have v few). And yes it came back quite curly which it wasn't before. Well, sort of wavy/curly – curly when out of the shower. Lots of it but very soft fine hairs. And yes maybe a bit duller actually like Helen says.

I had it cut for the first time 3 weeks ago as it was beginning to be a bit wild and mental which made me self-conscious being back at work etc. I was reluctant to lose any of it but the cut really helped, and actually I think it's a bit less curly now… so maybe over the next few months it'll go straight. We shall see!!

Helen

Lizc
    Participant

I am now a year post my sct and in that time I have had 4 haircuts because my hair came through very tight and curly and very course and dull. It is now just a bit wavey but still very course and dull. It is also darker in colour. On my hairdressers advice I purchased some morrocan oil to try to soften the texture and add a bit of shine. It does help, but sill prefer my old hair.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Curly Hair after SCT.’ is closed to new replies.