dawn

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dawstep 12 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dawstep
    Participant

hello to everyone & jean who i have spoken to.
    im stephen im 47 years old.we have 2 kids joe who is 24 & jade who is 17. im writing this now & im crying like a baby.my wife dawn had al amyloidosis myeloma.she was diagnosed in aug 2010.sadly she passed away on 29/01/12.she was trying to be so strong,she was so very brave.for the last 18 months of her life my mother inlaw would look after dawn while i was at work.i was usally home about 1pm then i would care for dawn etc until i went to work at 5am the next morning.my work have been amazing.they helped me so much.me & my son work for spar,i drive the lorries my son in the warehouse.cut a long story short my son & 3 other friends walked 54 miles to raise money for myeloma uk.joe & with the help of spar shops raised over £4000.dawns funeral was on the 8th feb,that raised over £400.i havent got the exact amount yet im waiting for the funeral directors to tell me.please excuse my grammer.im rubbish at writing.i probably could write a book on whats gone on in my life since aug 2010.we had alot of good times & a few bad times to.i hope my 1st message wasnt to boring.god bless my dawn.i have read many of your messages on this site.my thoughts are with you all & i wish you all well.

best wishes

stephen

eve
    Participant

Hi Stephen

My heart goes out to you,mainly selfish because I know one day I am going to be in the same position as you,I hope that does not seem unkind,why has it taken you so long to find this site,people on hear understand exactly what you are going through,some have already been there,and others are preparing themselves,but hoping there is a cure around the corner.
    Your wife lives on through your children,and that is what is important,grieve for Dawn,but try to hang on to the good times,your future lies with your children,her mum has lost a daughter she cannot replace.
    Do not worry about the grammar,its the feelings that come out of your message that,s most important.
    I hope we can be there for you.Eve

Eva
    Participant

So so sorry about what you've gone through and for your immense loss.
    Eva

brocho
    Participant

H i Stephen I am so sorry for your loss Dawn must be missed by all who loved her but for you it must be like losing the other half of you As Eve said hang on to the good times and talk with the children about Dawn a lot it will help you all. How very generous of all your friends and family to have raised all that money for M.M.U.K I for one am very grateful as a myeloma patient thankyou. It is such a shame we werent able to support you before but please keep posting there are so many lovely people on here even if you just want rant at the world, you are not alone. Dont ever worry about grammar orspelling you write beautifully because it comes from the heart , which counts for far more.Hang in there and remember the good times Bridget

dawstep
    Participant

hello bridget

we are all suffering on this site. i find it comforting being here. dawn was my life. dawn was loved by so many people.over 200 at her funeral.her wake lasted 8 hours.i hired a social club & over 100 turned up there.still about 50 people there at 7pm.me & dawn are so proud of what joe & his friends & spar raised for m.m.u.k.i will try & posting regulary.i do work long hours & come home & start again.i havent got any routine yet.im still taking one day at a time.

thankyou bridget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘dawn’ is closed to new replies.