DEXAMETHASONE- debilitating side effects after only 2 cycles of vcd!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  froghall 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

froghall
    Participant

Hi Anthony, thankyou for adding your bit…….I think its important that we post honestly about our experience and people in similar situations can take from it what they need.

I do feel for you, if your were my dad I would not want to see you going through this given your age.  It is such a finefield.

You appear to be on the same dosage as myself. Whilst the weight gain sounds significant, it is seemingly explained as being down to the steroids. So hopefully it will come off again. I was dreading putting weight on as I am a larger lady, having struggled with my weight since all my ailments kicked in….I cannot afford to gain anymore, given my health etc……As it is, my appetite has been greatly suppressed whilst on the larger dose, but I have now noticed I am eating more on this lower dose- something I most definitely need to watch.

Regarding depression, I am beginning to think its part and parcel of this sorry journey. If I admitted on here how I have felt on my dex down days they would have me committed! I joke not. I think I will discuss it with my consultant at my apt Fri.

We all naturally want to appear positive upbeat and of course continue the fight- but my goodness what a fight it is……I am already mentally discounting the STC in my head, given my current physical limitations. Ultimately the aim is for a longer remission but at what cost?

All the Best Sharron

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by  froghall.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DEXAMETHASONE- debilitating side effects after only 2 cycles of vcd!!’ is closed to new replies.