Diarrhea

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

This seems trivial compared to what some people are going through but I have been admitted to hospital today via a&e with chronic diarrhea with lots of blood having just enjoyed a short break in the algarve. Is it myeloma payback time? They have sent off blood cultures to work out the cause and I finished a second cycle of velcade etc last Sunday. I have never had diarrhea like this in my life. I wondered if anyone else had experienced diarrhea with blood. They have ruled out e coli saying no cases in Portugal.

Wendy

Ps sorry about the photo only being half a face – that's all
    That uploaded!

brocho
    Participant

Hi Wendy sorry you are going through it , nothing worse than raging diarrhoea!! I think a couple of people on here have had similiar problems on Velcade Have you spoken to your nurse about it possibly being a side-effect of Velcade? I hope it clears up soon and you are able to go home love Bridget

eve
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Sorry to here you are in hospital,Raging diarrhoea not nice,but you are in the right place,if it was a infection they would most probably not like to have admitted you! fluids is the big one with diarrhoea,and being an impatient any test will be done earlier.It must be very hard to cope with living on your own,
    Hope your well soon love eve

tom
    Participant

Hi Wendy

Hope you are getting better as a few days have passed, and find out its just a holiday bug 🙂

Tom xx

wendyduffield
    Participant

thanks for all your replies, I was discharged today from hospital (wasnt staying on haemotology ward) feeling alot better. The tests didnt show any particular bug and the docs reckoned I just picked up something in Portugal which because I am immunosuppressed couldnt fight off as easily. Anyway glad to be home and not rushing to the toilet every half an hour!

Wendy

tom
    Participant

Hi Wendy

Welcome Home (as they say) am pleased it was only a holls bug 😀 (am sure i said that Ok:-/ )

Good Luck

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Wendy so glad you are home and feeling better There really is no place like home is there Stay well love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

When you get your profile picture up you should be given the opportunity to 'crop' the picture… as you do it should make the picture smaller… just click on the photo until it fits into the 'copped' square and then we should be able to see you.

If this fails we will call in one of the big tech names – Tom & David spring to mind.:-D

Dai.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Diarrhea’ is closed to new replies.