Do you know where I can get a good deal on travel insurance to Europe?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

If you mean UK then I have and still do travel extensively, We pick somewhere we have never been and go there. I will not bore you with the itineraries but take it, it is from Lands end to John O'Groats, that is in or out of reemission for UK.

Overseas, I have been to Spain and the Balearics but I would only do that if in remission, or not on active treatment. Mo and I are hoping to go to Greece when my next course of treatment is finished end of Sep beginning of Oct.

The lad you need to speak to is AndyG (my Hero), trouble is he is probably off in the Med somewhere at the moment:-D .

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I think Andy lives for the day,he is home i had chat with him on facebook.

Vicky,go for it why Colin is in remission,we went to France before being cleared,then a cruise,just on the discharge date,then New Zealand,so just do it.
    Slim got less than 6 months remission,so get your skates on girl.
    Insurance was expensive for NZ but for cruise 1 week about £150 for both of us.Did not bother with France because we took Motorhome and know France well.

I cannot see anyone being insured when not in remission,!!!!!!!!!!!!Eve

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while – I've no real new news to post and haven't really seen any posts that needed my input or support.
    I'm on my Dex part of my cycle so if I start to ramble please accept Dex's apologies. >:-(
    As you probably already know my MM is classed as refractory so I won't get to SCT or remission so a stable state of MM is the best I can hope for, my PPs hover around the 20 mark. I'm waiting for my latest PPs result and hopefully that'll show I'm still stable 🙂 I've just started cycle 17 of RCD and have been on chemo drugs since Oct 2011 and I often wonder what damage they are doing to me never mind the MM? Oops starting to ramble :-/
    Back to the topic when we, or should I say Steph books travel insurance she does it on a per trip basis. We get permission hopefully from my consultant shortly before before we travel and book it then. We don't book the travel insurance at time of booking holiday because a lot can change in a few months. I'm waiting for a back op appointment now :-0 and we missed a weekend away in Belgium :'-( due to the timing issue though no money was lost. We know we may have to cancel the a trip and lose the money paid out but what the hell it's only money and we travel cheap 😀 Steph always rings up the insurance companies and answers the questions truthfully 😉 any questions that we have problems with she rings the MyelomaUK helpline for advice how to answer the question. To date we haven't paid more than £190, I think, for a weekly policy. Remember all the party has to be covered with the MM policy or else you could get into difficulties getting home with the patient and recovery of money for expenses and medical bills.
    Our holiday itinerary at present, for David's info 😉 , is end of Sept another week in Greece 😎 beginning of Oct three nights in the Lake District 🙂 and the middle of Oct Nottingham beer festival :-S hopefully those plans will work out but if they don't we'll readjust as and when possible. Oh and we're still planning on getting our weekend in Belgium sometime before the end of the year.
    Our philosophy is do it now whilst we have the chance as this maybe as good as it gets. If I stay stable for long enough maybe money problems will surface before more serious health problems do. To tell the truth that's what we're hoping for lots of trips and funding issues lol.
    Right it's 8am and I'm done rambling I'm going to try a get some sleep, last Dex day today.

If you can holiday and party through this awful journey, enjoy what you have and make the best of it.

Life is no rehearsal – this is it. It's not to late to make lasting memories and good ones at that – if your well enough don't delay.

EVERY DAY IS A GIFT

All the best to everyone

Andy & Steph xxx

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Dawn…maybe a little late but we are going on a 2 week break to Madeira and I used Insure and Go…£68 for a family of 3 with all my conditions declared…mm…impaired kidney function…high blood pressure…seemed a reasonable price for us…just to say when I spoke to the insurers they stated that policies are cheaper in Portugal than Spain as they have (in their opinion ) a better standard of medical care…stay safe…Phil

daisychain
    Participant

Thank you to everyone who. Provided me with advice and your wisdom..

I eventually went with all clear and got a good deal for a single trip.

However, I did find out that if you have one of these advantage accounts with your bank that gives free travel insurance – whilst they usually exclude myeloma with certain banks you can pay an additional fee to include myeloma for an annual cover and the cost was really good.

I know of 2 banks that will do this currently Santander and nat west and 1 that won't Barclays.. On this occasion I didn't use this option as my annual free ins is due to expire after my holiday

happy holidays to you all and thanks

Dawn

Perkymite
    Participant

Have a great trip Dawn, I hope you do not need that insurance:-D

kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Do you know where I can get a good deal on travel insurance to Europe?’ is closed to new replies.