Don't google it, I couldn't even spell it!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  CarolBradley1 12 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Neelie
    Participant

Hi, I'm in Mansfield (Nottinghamshire), my dads name is John, and he is being treated at Kings Mill Hospital, with a possible referral to Notts.

xxx

Neelie
    Participant

I feel utterly shocked at what some people have had to endure before they get a diagnosis, it is truly a scary thought that GP's will now be in control of their own money.

Fingers crossed that this wonderful charity and its supporters will be able to raise awareness to enable others to get a speedier diagnosis.

Xx

Elizellen
    Participant

Hello Neelie!

It looks as if I was one of the lucky ones as my GP remembered about MM from his college days (one of his lecturers apparantly had done research on MM and must have been enthusiastic about it I suppose) and was quick to send me for tests as soon as I went to see him about my excruciating back pain, that would not respond to a week of painkillers prescribed by the locum I saw initially.

Once all the tests had been completed things went quickly for me and within a few months I had a successful SCT. Now I am still in complete remission over 2 years after diagnosis and only need to see my consultant every three months!

As well what Nicola suggested about writing down the questions I think of before an appointment one thing I do is take my mini voice recorder to all of mine so I can load the recording onto my computer and listen again when at home.

So often on listening again I discover some info I had not picked up on during my appointment, or am reminded of something I had forgotten amidst all the whirl of info, dates and treatments being discussed.

I posted in the General forum about a special offer for the one I have which is finished now 🙁 but the product is well worth even the full price I think.

I wish your Dad and your family the very best at this strange unexpected turn of events in your lives.

Eliz
    XX
    X

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi
    Just wanted to welcome you to the site although sad for you and your Dad that you have to be here.
    Hope things improve soon.
    Thinking of you and hoping for the very best.
    Love Carol

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Don't google it, I couldn't even spell it!’ is closed to new replies.