Don't you just love a good poem?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

He didn't like the casserole
    And he didn't like my cake
    He said my biscuits were too hard
    Not like his mother used to make.
    I didn't perc the coffee right
    He didn't like the stew,
    I didn't mend his socks
    The way his mother used to do.
    I pondered for an answer
    I was looking for a clue.
    So I turned around and smacked him one
    Like his mother used to do.

©Unknown

Love, Gaye xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Gaye that gave me such a laugh. I just wasn't expecting the last 2 lines. Nice way to start the morning.

Love Jean

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye you have done it again !!This made me laugh out loud too Hope you are enjoying a not too snowy sunday love Bridget x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Jean and Bridget – glad you like this one. As you say Jean it's the last couple of lines that catch us unawares. It did me too!

As I look out of the window I can detect litle snow flakes – I hope they stay little and infrequent.

Love, Gaye xx

tom
    Participant

Oh Gaye
    You little devil:-D
    and here I am with bloomin Chapped Lips:-S and you my Young lady have made them bleed ha ha, Good one and yes the last few lines caught me out also Ha ha

Broken skin Tom 😎

DaiCro
    Participant

I liked this and Janet loved this; thank you Gaye, a cheering note for a winter's day. 🙂

Dai… and Janet xxx

Gaye
    Participant

Thanks Tom and Dai – every time I resd this poem it still makes me laugh so I am glad you both have enjoyed it. Sorry about your cracked lips Tom:-S – when is this blooming weather going to go away. I freely admit to being a southern softie – I am even proud of it. Oh, I can feel Land of Hope and Glory coming on …………………!
    Love, Gaye x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Don't you just love a good poem?’ is closed to new replies.