Dr Brian Durie discusses diet for people with Myeloma

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

pjollop
    Participant

Just click on this link:
    http://myeloma.org/MtEntryPage.action?source=/imf_blogs/myeloma_voices/index.html

I'm delighted to see that red wine gets the 'thumbs up'

The Broadcast shoud be available via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnx3

Good luck all.
    Peter

eve
    Participant

Hi Peter

I read the article plus comments,my thoughts on this, it was sad to hear the last comments !!! I think if you are generally healthy,it gives you a head start when cancer strikes,but I do not believe if you do deprive yourself of things you have found a magic Formular .

When Slim got Myeloma I took up reading all about diets ,and came to the conclusion if your eating habits are good,and you are healthy,why put yourself through these mad diets.?
    The strange thing is Slims taste buds changed,loved his booze now complete tea total 🙁 but now likes puddings needs a sugar fix,I read an article saying sugar feeds the cancer cells,I do think research on how patients diets or eating changers might help in the long term.
    Myeloma is like most cancers,when it comes knocking on your door,the why question comes up. Love Eve

tom
    Participant

Hi Peter and Eve
    I told you the red stuff is good for you and Eve I am was like Slim used to love my beer (I went for a few most nites) now am not too bothered if I don't have any ? Strange that ain't it.

Have a great Bank Holls and let's hope the sun stays out.

Tom Onwards and Upwards. Xx

Kazzam2
    Participant

Good read, I would like to hear the interview.
    Good news about Red wine 😀

meganjane
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have just listened to the Food Programme episode mentioned in the article by Brian Durie that Peter posted above and it was very interesting, even more so for Phil and I as Sheila Dillon who presents the Food Programme is treated at Bart's by the same consultant as Phil is treated by.

If anyone would like to listen it is now available online at this address:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01shstp

Megan

Mothas
    Participant

I bought the book mentioned on that program yesterday [i]Zest for Life: The Mediterranean Anti-Cancer Diet [/i]. Looks quite good with some very nice recipes.

My opinion on the food-cancer link is that despite there being not a huge amount of medical evidence, it's likely. It's also good for your general health to eat in a more considered way.

What's not to lose.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tom

I had listened to an article on diet on radio 4 by a presenter who has MM and they talked about Mediterranean diets (Wendy posted link on Facebook ). So when i read your post i was very interested so I went on to Amazon to order the kindle version of it and this was the message that popped up

This book is currently unavailable because there is an issue with its description, content, or formatting. We are working with the publisher to fix this issue.

It allows me to order the paperback version. Would there be a difference in the two publications I wonder.

Jean

Mothas
    Participant

Jean I don't think it would translate to kindle very well so you're better off with the paperback.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Tom I appreciate that. Will order paperback

Jean

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dr Brian Durie discusses diet for people with Myeloma’ is closed to new replies.