DT PACE

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Debs
    Participant

Hi Paul….and Andy

I just wanted to say good luck to both of you with your next steps….I am sure that there are a number of treatments still out there so try to keep positive….though I'm sure it's Bl*ody hard at times!!!

Debs x

andyg
    Participant

Hi Paul.
    If everything went according to plan – which I hope it did – you should be out of hospital now and recovering from the treatment. I hope you didn't/wont suffer to many side effects and those stubborn pp's have been given an a**e kicking.

Take care.
    Andy

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hello All
    Got out of Hospital late Friday night after 5 days in hooked up with 3 IV lines.Side effects wise just the usual Dex hiccups and feeling abit tired first thing in a morning.Taking things a little easy this week as 5 days on the ward have made my legs like jelly.So its fingers crossed ! Feeling positive again about meds and just getting back on with life.Hopefully going away this weekend…we will just follow the sun.
    Thanks everyone for being so supportive when I felt abit low.
    cheers Paul:-)

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Paul
    sounds like things have gone ok a little gentle walking should help with the legs I do hope you can get away for a few days
    Keep well
    Love Jo x

tom
    Participant

Hi Paul

Pleased your doing better M8

The thing that helped me when I was weak when walking was a "Shooting Stick" ? I was lent it by a Neighbor when he seen how bad i was walking it has a seat on it I just carried the scick and when needed popped open the seat and had a rest it was great, so if you can find one get it works a treat.

Good Luck and hope you dont need to travel too far for the sun

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hello all
    Took the dog out of a walk yesterday and today for 1hr and my legs are starting to feel better.Seem to have put on some Dex weight on again I feel like a budha.
    Inst it amazing how the sun and wind on your face just makes things better:-)
    cheers Paul

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Paul

In spite of disappointing weather, I hope that you managed a break and that your legs are less jelly like!!! Knowing you, another couple of months and you will be bouncing about.

I'm also suffering with steroid round face – wouldn't mind, but people keep commenting on it – as if I didn't know!!!

Lots of love to you both.

Mavis x

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Paul

Just hoping that things are going a little better and that your not feeling too rotten.

Thinking of you lots with fingers crossed for you both.

Best wishes

Love Carol xxx

Helen
    Participant

Hello Paul
    As Carol says, how are you getting on, you seem to have had a tough time recently.
    Love Helen

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Carol / Helen
    I am coming to the end of my first cycle of DT pace with no real side effects other than feeling tired late evening/early mornings and my hair is disappearing rather quickly.I am due back into hospital next Monday for 4 days chemo and Dex.We have booked a cottage in Alnmouth Northumberland in early July which will be nice and Rachels Graduation is in the same week at Manchester uni (she has worked so hard for this).Otherwise thinking positive thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed and just getting on with things.

Carol-I am in Halifax on the 9th July so looks like we on slightly different rota,hope you are keeping well and getting about.

lots of love Paul

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply when I know your feeling under the weather.

Sorry your feeling tired and missing some hair but one thing ALL my team said in St James´s was that they were always quite pleased to see these side effects and the more severe the better (especially the hair) as they found it happened when the chemo was really getting down to work effectively – suppose it makes sense.

Sorry it doesn´t look like we shall be meeting up this time but maybe next.
    Congratulations to Rachel and I do hope you both enjoy the day.

If I don´t see you enjoy your holiday, try and rest and let your body do it´s job and on that note I will leave you in peace!!

Very best wishes
    love
    Carol xxxxxxx

ps. I have managed to go for a ride on my big horse this morning for an hour! Not bad when you think that Keith has told me that at one point just after the transplant there were some very real concerns as to how well I was doing and couldn´t manage the stairs at all well until I built my strength up slowly over nine months so please continue to keep your big brave chin up!!

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Carol
    Thanks for the lovely post,your horse looks huge! you must certainly have got some strength to ride him and the weather looks good to.
    lots love Paulxx

scott9
    Participant

Hi Paul

I've only just noticed your discussion thread as I was in Spain when it started. Deepest sympathies from me too. It looks like I'll be following you, Andy and a few others who have relapsed. My light chain readings have been going up the
    last couple of months. My professor wants to see what my blood results are next month and decide if it's a blip or the cancer is back. It sounds like there are still one or two options that may or may not work. In the meantime I'll keep me fingers crossed it's only a blip, but I can't help thinking it's going to be bad news.

We just have to keep fighting.

All the best to you.

Scott

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Scott
    Sorry to hear about the lightchain readings going up,but you are right we just need to carry on fighting and getting on with our life.Hope you had a great time in Spain and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    cheers Paul

BADGER
    Participant

hello Scott

hope you had a great holiday in Spain I am sorry that your light chains have gone up fingers crossed its only a blip
    keep well
    Love Jo x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘DT PACE’ is closed to new replies.