Eating well with Myeloma

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ianpitcairn 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jstnhs
    Participant

I am an NHS Dietitian and I am developing a website for people affected by cancer to access information about nutrition in cancer.

Are there any topics you would like to know more about but struggle to find evidence based information on them?

Are there any symptoms or side effects you are experiencing that affects your eating and drinking?

You can keep up to date with the website development on our facebook page @nutritionthroughthecancerjourney 🙂

ianpitcairn
    Participant

I’m in my third period of chemo; the fifth 28-day cycle of IRD. I’ve also started taking 10gms of Curcumin daily, following a case study reported in the BMJ of a woman whose Multiple Myeloma had been stable for 5 years (following the failure of chemo treatment after. 2 periods of treatment),during which time she had been taking 8gms of Curcumin daily.
    With regard to diet – I try to increase my fruit and veg. and protein, and drink as much water as I can. My taste buds are very messed up, so I don’t often enjoy my meal. Wine tastes disgusting. My consultant (Prof.Leleu in Poitiers, France) has prescribed 1.5l magnesium enriched water to combat cramp.
    Good luck with your project. I’m not on Facebook, so I’ll try and remedy that.
    Ian Pitcairn
    Marcilly
    Liglet
    France

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.