Effect of stents on myeloma treatment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kh0305 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alanr
    Participant

I started IRD treatment in October last year, after myeloma recurred following VTD and SCT in 2019. Shortly after starting I had a heart attack, and angioplasty with a drug coated balloon to expand a major coronary artery. They didn’t use stents because they felt it could interfere with future treatments. It now seems the balloon may not have worked so well so stents may be the next option. I wondered if anyone having myeloma treatment has stents and what impact they have had on treatment options?

kh0305

Hi alanr,
    Sorry to read that the balloon hasn’t been working so well. I’m afraid I don’t have any experience of stents and MM but I just wanted to reply to wish you all the best with the treatment xx

terrys
    Participant

Hi Alanr,

I do apologise, but my reply concerning breathlessness and Angina, appears in the side effects section.
    I hope you are able to find it !
    Best wishes,
    Terry

alanr
    Participant

Hi KH. Thank you for your good wishes. I saw a cardiologist last night and he is treating my angina with medication to begin with, and will then check if the ablation has worked if the meds don’t sort me out. He is not keen on using stents because there would be a high risk of clots if my blood thinners had to be stopped as part of myeloma treatment. Anyway it is some progress!

kh0305

Hi Alanr,
    Glad to hear they are trying medication first and keeping everything crossed for you. xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.