First relapse

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  caitriona 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

caitriona
    Participant

Hi all,
    I haven't posted for about two years as my dad was doing so great. He has just relapsed and was rushed into hospital by ambulance after getting a really nasty chest infection. Doctors were really concerned about him. His myleoma dosen't secrete the protein so its really hard to monitor. Now we've been told he'll be starting on chemo which will last around 6 months.
    He reacted really well to velcade in the past. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/ similar experience to share.
    Thanks a lot
    Caitríona

tom
    Participant

Hi Caitriona

Sorry I cant help on this one, just wanted to wish you and your Dad Good Luck, am sure some one will pop in and have the help and advice you need.

Good Luck with the Chemo

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

caitriona
    Participant

Thanks Tom,
    very reassuring. My dad is still really confused but he's started his chemo today. Most important thing is to be positive. It's hard because he's in Dublin and I live in Scotland but will see him next week.
    Thanks again
    Caitríona

brocho
    Participant

Hi Catriona I am sorry your dad is going through such a tough time It is a shock when you hear them say you have relapsed but it wont take long before treatment begins to work and everything will look less scary for all of you. I am like your dad , my blood test dont show paraproteins either but the doctors look at everything including mri , x-rays and bone marrow biopsies The other thing is to make sure he tells them of any new symptoms or pain so it can be checked out I hope things go well for him please let us know how he gets on and try not to worry too much Best wishes Bridget

caitriona
    Participant

Bridget,
    how lovely to get your email. I know I just need to remember how well he responded last tome to treatment which was two yaers ago and he's a strong man. I really feel for you beacuse this kind of myeloma is so secretive the way it sneaks up on you. He's started on a combination of valcade and cyclosporine yesterday so fingers crossed. Keep you posted and keep well. xCaitríona

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First relapse’ is closed to new replies.