Food glorious Food

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gill 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Hi All

I thought I would mention a frozen food company that might be useful for people who are dashing up to the hospital every five minutes and have no time to prepare a meal.(I have no interest in the business but realise this may be classed as an advert and removed)

Stephen and I both love to cook and do almost everything from scratch but when he was in KCH for his SCT by the time I got home I really could not be bothered to cook for myself. I had put a couple of 1 person home cooked stews and shepherd?s pies etc. down the freezer but not many, and I soon relied on grabbing a sandwich.

Some time after Stephen came home I saw an advert for Wiltshire Farm Foods. We had always cooked quite a bit for Stephen's mum (83) Well not so much cooked for her but did a bit extra of whatever we had if it would freeze. When Stephen came home we knew that we would not visit her for quite a while (she lives some distance away) and that she would revert to a sandwich and a bowl of soup a great deal of the time.

We persuaded her to try a taster pack from Wiltshire?s and it was a hit. The meals come on a tray some can be microwaved or oven baked and some baked only. They are complete meals and while not quite home cooking very acceptable. If I had known of them when Stephen was in hospital I certainly would have had them in the freezer.

For Stephens mum she loves the fact that when we go down to see her she gives us a meal instead of relying on us to take something down. She feels that she has fed us instead of us feeding her.

Another nice thing for anybody vulnerable is that the drivers are all police checked and the guy comes in shows mum in law the order and packs it all away in the freezer. All meals in the brochure are marked with diet codes (low salt, low fat, diabetic etc and are quite reasonably priced.)

Have a look at http://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com

Love from Gill

Please don't remove this post web team it really has been put up to help others

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill thakyou for this its just what I have been worrying about for my mumShe isnt up to cooking these days and as you said would rely on a sandwich if left to herself I was getting a bit anxious about who would take her meals when I have my surgery and sct as the kids avent really cottoned onto it I shall get her a taster and see if she likes it Hope you are feeling good and not overdoing things Have a good weekend love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I put in an order from Wiltshire Farm today for Mum In Law and just wondered if your mum had tried any yet.

We were down at MILs last week and were fed on these. I must admit the ones in sauce or gravy have a better taste but MIL seems to enjoy them all, apart from those in "funny sauces" cider gravy etc:-/

Hope you are Well Gill xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Food glorious Food’ is closed to new replies.