Frank starts SCT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

The call has just came. Frank goes in tonight and they start the chemo tomorrow. Now the time is here I feel so scared. Don't know how Frank is feeling – he never says much. Thanks for all the support and will let you know how it goes

Take care all
    Love Jean

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Jean

At long last, hope all goes well.

With Peter at the moment. He is now in isolation, throat swollen, rash on his back. Living off ice cream and jelly. Not too bored at the moment and sleeping quite well.

Nurses are brilliant.

Good luck to Frank, speak soon

Love Ann and Peter

X

HelenR
    Participant

Wishing you and Frank the very best of luck! Now the wait and uncertainty is over – I hope in some ways it will be a relief to just 'get on with it'! You must have had a horrible time not knowing if and when it was going to happen.
    All the best,
    Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank

Well Done its here 😀 yep uts scary :-S its not a walk in the park BUT it is a Doable, Trust me i have done it yes i was scared but it had to be done 😛

Just get Frank to use the moth wash more often than it says on the bottle (I used two botlles in three days) and it worked for me little mouth problems after that not worth talking about.
    Keep taking the Antisick Tabs even if Frank doesn't feel sick.
    Oh and am sorry to say find out where the loo is lol
    And Oh two Ice Pops get some stored if hospital aint got any any and chew while SCT and Chemo is being given.
    Good Luck to you both.

Love Tom and Elaine xxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Jean And Frank,

I will not tell you not to worry,because you will,but if you are unsure of anything ask the nurses or if you think about something once you come home,ask on here,there are enough people on here,who have all gone down that path.

Remember Jean,after about six days,old clothes you can throw away,tell him not to get embarrassed,these nurses who look 15 have seen it all before,and don't be surprised if Frank is a little tearful towards the end,as the ones who tend to hold it all in, it makes the realise how vulnerable they have become.

You know Slim and my thoughts will be with you both ,and I will try to get on with the scrabble Jean.All the best wishes,soon it will all be over,and on to the next learning curve,how to live with remission. Love Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Ann, Peter, Tom, Elaine, helen, Eve and Slim. Thank you so much for you advice and support. I am very grateful for all your friendship. I left him last night about 10.40 – he was worried about me walking to car park at night 😛 He seemed in good form but you are right Eve he will not let you see how he's feeling.

Did not sleep with worry over Frank and of the shocking news of the passing of Pamela (tinkerbell). She was a special person who helped me through some tough times. She has 2 young children. Life is so unfair

Much love Jean xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frank starts SCT’ is closed to new replies.