Franks SCT take 2

This topic contains 65 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jean and frank,

Just thinking of you both and wondering how its going? Is frank home yet? And how are you doing jean x 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jean and frank,

Just thinking of you both, how's it going…..is frank out now 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Vikki and Colin

Frank got home on Tuesday – 2 and a half stone lighter with no energy and very tired. I told him this was what he had to expect. We were at consultant and she said with the exceptions od the neutrophils his bloods were good. He has started to eat small bits of food – and I mean minute but at least it is come thing. And guess what Frank gets his priorities he had a small glass of Guiness last night, he said it didn't taste las usual but he drank it and had no bad affects. Kim our daughter in law saw him on Wednesday and then again yesterday and she said that he saw a marked improvement in him. When he got ho,e I posted under Carers 🙂

How has Colin been doing.? Hope he is good. Thanks for asking adternFrNk
    Take care
    LovemJean x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jean

Hope frank is doing ok and maybe eating a little more food…..Colin is struggling with some food but overall doing very well! He is feeling pretty rubbish at the moment,he feels sick and has no energy at all, as I said in another post I always think its myeloma there….still I must try not to panic!

I've been promoted at work and taken on a lot more work and staff…..I need sometime to adjust to that as actually I am still trying to get my own head together after Colin's sct as well as helping Colin too. It's no trouble whatsoever 🙂 but I wish he could string more than 5 days together without getting something or other! My additional worry is the outbreak of measles in Gloucestershire where we live….noones mentioned having child hood vaccines again so I hope he will be ok.

Sorry to ramble, just having a confidence crisis, which is a bit selfish when you and frank have just gone through what you guys have ! 🙂 I will be more cheerful tomorrow 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Vikki and Colin

Don't apologise Vikki I know exactly how you are feeling. :-S congratulations on your promotion well done you. I don't want to sound selfish but three years ago I had the chance of taking early retirement and after talking it over with Frank I did. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change it but I sometimes wish that I had something else on my mind that I could concentrate on except this bl**dy myeloma 😛 .

Frank is still eating small amounts but consultant said today that she thought he had put a little weight. I think the word myeloma will always rear it's ugly head when something is not right. I can empathise with Colin and the tiredness. We had dinner on our laps tonight (united – City match) and frank said he would take plates to kitchen. He took hi and couldn't manage to take mine. But reading other posts this will come over time (I hope)

Funny you should mention measles and vacation I asked the consultant about that today – would Frank have to be Re vaccinated and her reply was that the topic was being discussed and if decided that Re vaccination was the way to go it would be at least 6 months post SCT. Every hospital has different ideas.

Vikki I hope Colin starts to improve and ENJOY your promotion I am sure you worked hard for it

My best wishes to you both
    Love Jean xx

Vicki
    Participant

Thanks jean,

You have made me feel better! Glad to hear that frank is eating a little more and the weight gain! One thing has never wavered throughout this and that's the interest in man united and long may that continue 🙂

You take care both x

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Franks SCT take 2’ is closed to new replies.