Fridays blood test results.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  BADGER 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    Had my usual blood test yesterday hoping for an improvement in my results. My HB dropped from 10,1 to 9.7 my potassium fell – meaning I had to pick up 3 days of potassium tablets :-/ but my platelets went up from 126 to 179 and after been Neutropenic since the begin of October my neutrophils went from 0.6 up to 1.9! 😀 and to cap it all my end of cycle PPs went down from 27 to 23 so after last month "blip" my PPs are at their lowest since diagnosis. After 13 months of battling with the best the Nhs can throw at them.
    If I get a bit of good news from the Prof on Monday my weekend will be a good one.
    I'll have to try the real ale/steroids combination again lol.

All the best everyone
    Keep up the fight
    Andy x

eve
    Participant

Hi Andy

Just a quick one,potassium,if you eat at least 2 banana,s a day or anything that has lots of potassium in,it will save you taking those horrible tablets,Slim said they played havoc with his stomach,when in ITU he had in through line,hope this helps.
    Good luck with everything.Love Eve

andyg
    Participant

Thanks Eve
    The tablets don't agree with me neither 🙁 will have to get some bananas when the shops open. Coffee and beer gave potassium in them too! Can feel a drink or 2 coming on tonight. 🙂
    Have a great time in New Zealand hope everything goes well.
    All the best
    Andy xx

tom
    Participant

Morning Andy

Well you are still up early so I bet no drink last nite Lol.
    Am well pleased it seems to be doing good after all your bits and bobs that has been shoved into you.

Dont get too many Nanna's today cos they dont last as long as they used to do :-S

All the best for Monday 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

Michele
    Participant

Hi Andy

I totally agree about the banana advice.

When I had my STC, my potassium levels plummeted and I was given those ghastly tablets.
    I only took one and decided they were so vile I'd rather eat bananas to get my potassium levels up.

Consequently although rather naughty, I managed to dodge taking any more pills that were handed to me and seemed to lose them in my handbag. 😎

The bananas? They did the trick! 😉

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I was given potassium drink tablets and they made me nauseous… and very little makes me nauseous… so they switched to ordinary tablets… and while vile at least I kept them down. Luckily my levels were back up to normal in five days.

I agree with the banana substitute… We have one with our breakfast and one for eleven sets… and my levels have remained up and fine.

Great bloods results… I believe you have finally cracked it… Here we go, here we go, here we go!

Dai.

AngieJayne
    Participant

When I had a brain hemorrhage back in 2005, I learnt that in addition to being a good provider of potassium, bananas are a great brain food too, and that certainly helped me to cope when my life was on the line back then too, so its bananas all the way for me again now. Fantastic news on your bloods Andy, especially the neuts & PP's, really pleased for you 🙂
    Ange

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Great news on your bloods, bananas and a drop of the dark stuff! ( not together though!) sounds good kevs nodding.

Hope Monday goes well
    Love liz & kev xx

Vicki
    Participant

Andy

Just spotted this post! What great results. See I put it down to that holiday in Greece, the minor blip was cos you came back to blighty and it had to get used to the cols weather again! Sorry about the potassium, Colin hated those tablets too. He couldn't keep them down, but unlike Dai he has a weak stomach! Oh and a bit of good news, we are home. We've been home since 330pm…..but I can't relax and everything he looks hot I feel a temperature check coming on!

Good luck with the professor!

Vicki and Colin x (yep he is asleep again!)

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

am gonna whisper this so as Colin cant hear it , welcome home Colin hope your home for a long time, take care and stay well

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Good results, my neutrophils are only 1.4 and I'm told I'm showing good levels. see you soon
    Love Helen

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Andy

this is such good news I worry about all my cyber friends and how they get on keep up the good work hopefully you are on the right track now:-)
    Love Jo x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fridays blood test results.’ is closed to new replies.