Getting new Covid jabs after stem cell transplant

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  docmike 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

shropshirelass
    Participant

I was disturbed to read your post. My husband had vaccine 3 and 4 after his sct. I had presumed that he would be eligible for booster in 6 months.
    This really is appalling it seems that we are all left to sort it out ourselves. I will certainly be chasing this up. Thanks.

shropshirelass
    Participant

Hello Michael, again. Just picked up on your referral to azd7442 can you explain this to us all please. I’m getting more confused by the minute.

docmike
    Participant

hi ss, azd4772
    Astra zeneca produce monoclonal antibodies against covid 19 which are similar but not the same as the antibodies that you hopefully produce after vaccination or after having covid.
    A combination of two long acting (a year?)antibodies which are given into the buttock ?IM ,can passively increase your antibody level ( THE more the merrier)
    THE Provent trial? showed it prevents many hospital admissions ,if give to the immune vulnerable ,in this case renal dialysis patients . It is called Ronapreve,or regen co and is likely to be expensive ,so will have restrictions
    It also available now in hospital to acute covid patients with low antibody levels; after encoraging results in the Recovery trial
    Molnapravir ,if as good as promised, is an antiviral tablet that ideally could be given at hone asap after a positive pcr and stop the infection multiplying .
    Idealy the vulnerable /us need two days supply on the ready at home and get the the rest else where later but organising that will need a lot of effort keep watching this space
    Best wishes Michael keeping asking if not sure

docmike
    Participant

Molunipravir

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  docmike.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  docmike.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.