Good News Good News

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TerryMG 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

We went to the hospital at the end of last week to see Stephen's heamatologist/oncologist. The couple that came out from the Drs office just before Stephen's appointment looked shell shocked. Although the reception desk is only about 10 paces from the Doctors office they looked completely lost and a nurse had to guide them. Obviously my heart went out to them and my spirits dropped for what was to come for Stephen.

Once Doctor Shafi had shut the door this very lovely, caring but precise and not what you would call tactile man said. "Stephen do you mind if I give you a big hug because I have good news"!!!!!!!

Stephen's CT scan showed no change whatsoever in his bone damage. The Dr put the pains down to Stephen's own reduction in the analgesics and the fact that he has been walking the dogs more and one little monstor is a terrible "puller" What is even better his pp readings are negligable and everything is looking very good. He has a little kidney damage due to the revlimid but nothing to worry about.

Dr. Shafi would not say the magic word remission or even partial remission but what he did say is that the drugs are keeping the mm under control.

We explained how the dex is affcting Stephen (monstor man) and asked about Prednisalone (sp?) Dr Shafi said that he wouldn't rule it out but he did favour dex and he reduced Stephen's dose. We are back in 4 weeks to report on whether monstor man has turned back into teddy bear man:-)

Thank you all for your kind words and support during our dark time here and fingers crossed for all of you for good news soon

Much love Gill xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill what wonderful news after all the stress you have had recently Guess you will be off to France soon? Go and have fun, relax and enjoy life, put mm to the back of your minds Love to you and Stephen Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Gill
    what wonderful news I cannot express how pleased I am for you and Stephen long may it last or even get better something to cheer us all up:-D
    Big ((hugs))
    Jo

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Gill

Your wonderful news made me cry – with happiness. Stephen and you have both been throug so much and it was brilliant to read. I echo Jo = hope things get even better. You know yourself what posts like this do for us all.

My love and best wishes to you both.
    Lov Jean xx

DaiCro
    Participant

😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂 😎 😀 🙂

🙂

Dai.

Min
    Participant

Bludy Brilliant,
    Worth all the agrivation to hear those words, and in view of the fact the dex is doing the 'trick' best stick with what you know:-D .
    Just put a gag on Steven so he cant be Monster Man:-S
    Seriously though, I am really pleased for you both you deserve a lucky break and its your turn.
    Love Minx
    PS I recall Peter trying to reduce the morphine and becoming a monster, the Macmillan nurse said morphine and pain killers have to be reduced under supervision as there is a dependency on them, so the reduction has to be a controlled one. Getting the pills in smaller grms allows ie 5mg makes the reduction easier. so if he is on 30 mg per dose taking 25mg is a better option and gradualy coming of them in this way, as your body gets used to them and craves them to a degree even though they are absolutly needed for the pain. Bit like a smoker trying to go cold turkey… I know that one well!

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill
    Such good news you both must be very pleased,Stephen should be a little bit better on the lower dose of Dex,and this might be the time to have those conversations :-)I believe the kidneys can regenerate,so any damage can repair.One day at a time Gill and you will soon be in France again.8-)

Slim was trying to reduce his dose of pain killers only by 5 once a day,and it just did not work,he has tried to do this three times since he hit remission,and we honestly thought with all the side effects,he had something going on some were,listening to Dai realised,with extra pain,it added to his confusion plus feeling ill,and going off his food,all the symptoms,when first starting Chemo.
    So we have put on hold any talk of reducing present drugs,we go to Kings on 10 Feb.So now I have dates it is time to plan the short break.

Wishing you the best in the future.Eve

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Gill

What great news. I am so pleased for you and Stephen. Do hope this phase lasts and lasts, and gets better and better.

Very best wishes.

Mavis

shirley
    Participant

Awe thats great news Gill,you & Stephen must be so thrilled,this is truly inspirational news well done Stephen,hope it won't be long before you turn back into a teddy bear for Gill,you both deserve it,take care for now and keep praying for more inspirational news.Best wishes Shirls & Stephen x x

Mari
    Participant

Dear Gill,

This is such wonderful news i am absolutely delighted for you both. Like your Doctor I really want to hug you both. I hope you can both enjoy some time together now,

Lots of love Mari xxx

tom
    Participant

Well you two aint we done well 😀 reading this today has made me warm and smiley on this cold dank Sunday (sat here on my own) and long may it continue to get better:-D

Love and Hugs to you both (((h)))) xxxx

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

TerryMG
    Participant

Hi Gill & Stephen,

I do like to hear good news and thanks for sharing it with us. I do not come to the site that often as I try carry on as normal although my live is anything but normal with MM. I did try and contact you through the links on this site as an ?off line? email which I think is part of the functionality. I fully understand the DEX days! I now have managed to control them a bit by going on decaffeinated tea so I get some sleep on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! 2 or 3 hours is better that non. I would like to think I was always a Teddy Bear but you will have to ask my wife about that!

Best wishes to you both.

Terry

(Failure is not an option!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good News Good News’ is closed to new replies.