Happy 1st Birthday to my Stemcells.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Babs 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Babs
    Participant

Hi All,
    For everyone on here but especially those just embarking on the stem cell journey.
    Today is the 1st Birthday of my cells being returned to me last year. I can hardly believe it is a year since my stay at Kings, It was as Tom says doable, but by no means easy I would say but then I overstayed my time there due to having an infection in my Hickman line but here I am today, thanking all the teams who take us through the treatment and getting us to this time, called in my case "Full Partial Remission".
    I enjoy every day as feel it is a gift, thank full for all the research which means many people are diagnosed earlier now and so do not have the damage done silently by this condition.
    Last year my aim was to attend my daughters civil partnership/wedding on 13th July, well I did much better than that I attended 4 weddings in total!! Being told at each one just how well I looked, especially as most people though I would die shortly after my diagnosis as I was soooo ill at that time
    This year we have two holidays planned ,(one is to meet my other daughters boyfriend and his family in Australia) and are booking several short breaks away too.
    I am at present still sporting my full head of curly hair which I quite like as it does not take much maintenance.
    At diagnosis on 3rd July 2011 it did seem like the end of our world and I had never felt soooo ill but here I am in 2013, I will never be fully fit but looking forward to what I can fit into my life.
    Good Luck to us all.
    Babs
    🙂

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Babs…celebrations in order for you and your stem cells…hope you have many more birthdays…well done…stay safe…Phil

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Babs

Well done, lovely encouraging post!

Take care

Ann and Pete
    x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Babs

Happy birthday to your stem cells! How good you can look so positively on life. May those stem cells have many many more years.

Love Mavis x

eve
    Participant

Hi Babs

1 year it soon passes,enjoy your holidays ,after last year make this year count. I envy you going to Australia ,we always said we will go there and hire a motor home and do the figure of eight.

Best Wishers Eve

petesilver
    Participant

Well done Babs and long may it continue just keep a positive frame of mind and its amazing what you can do even when you don't feel all that great.
    I was diagnosed in 2004 and still here(after various treatments) much to some peoples amazement.
    Keep it up
    Pete

Vicki
    Participant

Happy birthday Babs stem cells 🙂

These are the stories we love to hear, full if positivity and hope 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Babs,

Happy Birthday stem cells :-). Your post is very encouraging for Phil and I, Phil's first stem cell birthday will be December 20th, 2013. Enjoy Australia and your other holidays.

Megan

feaseyjane
    Participant

Hi Babs,

What an encouraging post to read.
    Happy Birthday Stem Cells:-)
    How lovely visiting Australia,it is a beautiful country

So Babs enjoy enjoy enjoy

Love
    Jane xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Well done Babs. Happy birthday cells 🙂 and may you have many many more. Franks were born on 5 march. Still in hospital. Some hic cough but hope to get him home soon

Take care have a ball and enjoy your holidays
    Love Jean x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Babs

Happy (belated) birthday to you lovely stem cells.

Enjoy all of those holidays – you deserve them:-)

Love Ali x

dickb
    Participant

Well, being one of those just stating on this journey, it's nice to know that there is success, albeit maybe partial at the end. Happy Birthday to them, I'm sure you'll make the most of things.

Jet
    Participant

Great!!! Congratulations!

I never made it to one year after my auto transplant. I only got five months before relapsing.
    But on 16 May, I will celebrate my one year anniversary for the donor transplant I had after secondary treatment.

Enjoy Australia! Enjoy everything!
    Jet

john62
    Participant

Hi babs, this is john, well done i am so pleased and it givess all of us following you encouragement and hope. Ive just been out to the pub for a pint and read your post. I can now go to bed feeling happy. Im thinking you are our leaer tonight. Well done again, and these are the messages that lift us all. enjoy austrailier and next year the monn. If we can sort this problem of getting out of orbit, I do think the M.M wont like this.
    Goodnight and god bless,,,, John Cadwallader,
    P.S. What would we do without Myloma U.K. they are brilliant….

Babs
    Participant

Hi All,
    I feel good that I am able to put my current position re the MM on here, this site has helped me and so I hope I can help others too.
    Since reading then joining this site I have soaked up all the positives which are such a different picture to the one which was painted to us at the time of diagnosis, like many others we first made the mistake of googling MM, now we know better, this site is much more up to date.
    I know not everyone has been as lucky as me but am also aware there are many on here who are years ahead of me and still here to tell the tale.
    I love the way some of you end their comments, every day is a gift and onwards and upwards immeadiately come to mind.
    Love Babs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Happy 1st Birthday to my Stemcells.’ is closed to new replies.