HAPPY 1ST OF JUNE FROM THE MADHOUSE!!!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Good morning everyone I hope its as nice where you are today , looks like a sunshine day here! Well I have survived day one of the kitchen and bathroom renovation!! It took 2 days to empty kitchen another to clean it , the whole house is full in every other room and I cant find anything!! It would have helped if Jeff had packed things in some sort of logical order mind you, who would guess the salt would be in a box with the washing powder!! As for the dust how far can it go!!!! I am sure it will be lovely when its all finished but that wont be for nearly 2 weeks I may be completely nuts by then. In the past I would have gone out all day but there are days when I feel so lousy only my own sofa will do , that will definitely be a grumpy day Well better go and see if I can unearth something to wear , in the words of Capt Oakes I may be some time— Ha ha Hope you all have a good day love Bridget aka Moaning Minnie the Worst Whinger in the World !!xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget

It will be worth it in the end,I had mine done just as Slim was diagnosed,had been arranged earlier and felt,I had to go ahead with it.
    Believe it or not it kept me sane,I was so busy with kitchen and bathroom ,and Slim being admitted I did not have time to feel sorry for myself,saved a lot of money not buying gin lol.
    After Slims last stay in hospital the bathroom realy came into it,s own,massive shower installed instead of bath,we both can fit into it,not for hanky panky,but for me to shower him. lol
    Double glazing being done next week,waiting for summer to decorate
    Bridget my cupboards in kitchen,still have a layer of dust in them.When things are finished I am going to get a cleaning firm in.never thought I would do that,learning from my daughters,They do not waste there energy cleaning.

Today in sunny South East Kent the sun is shining ,people are sunbathing on beach,Slim went out in his chair,and we spent three hours on the front,it makes up for missing the bluebells,and fields of rape,never saw them this year,only smelt them on my way to and back from hospital.
    Have a lovely day Bridget

brocho
    Participant

Hi Eve yes I know I will love it when its done the council are doing it so its not high spec but it will do me just fine and all tiled and decorated is a big weight off my mind . I think the cleaning firm is a great idea , your time is taken up with hospitals so you should definitely treat yourself , I might do the same !! My daughters think life is too short to spend cleaning too , the youngest ( who has cystic fibrosis) hasnt got the energy a lot of the time but she is also a slob by nature!! Heres to more sunshine tomorrow makes all the difference when you have been ill to do something nice like the beach love to you both Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

When we did our emergency flight from Wales we ended up in a friend of our in-laws' bungalow that they had just put up for rent due to a lack of sale. Two years later (yesterday in fact) we are still here, with carte blanch from the owners (who live in France) to do whatever we want to the house. Apart from a little decorating we have left it more or less like we found it, which was pretty good, excepting the garden, which we (the Royal 'We' aka Janet) have enjoyed planting and shaping to our own tastes.

Saying that there was already a mature plum tree, hazel bush and several bushes various to wok around. Now we have our seasonal wildflowers, primrose, daffodils, crocus, poppies, sweet-peas, roses (several bushes various, some existing, some planted by Janet, that give us a splash of colour most of the year around, oh, and about a dozen or so pots of various size that we brought up from our pub beer garden in Wales, which Janet is planting out as I speak. We also created a space for our 5 year old grandson; last year it was pumpkins and squashes which were a great success, so the same again and a few additions which they (Janet and Alfie), plant out and tend to every Wednesday after school. I just admire and eat, so I am happy too.:-D 🙂 😎

Day one of Cycle two of Velcade on Monday past so I am just floating on by a little out of it but not nearly as bad as Cycle one as yet (that was when it was fighting the secondary tumour and a good job it has done with that because it has gone from the surface and the underlying tightness seems to have eased as well. I have got a CT scan on Thursday,with Day 2 Cycle 2 to follow). The CT is for the secondary, so fingers crossed there is little to find and they leave it to the Velcade to finish it off – I hope so… the talk about it being in a 'dodgy' place didn't inspire, especially as they said they would only have one shot at it with radiotherapy (if needed). I am quietly confident… but you never know with this bl***dy disease. No… Velcade has it, I am sure of it and I haven't been far wrong yet (he says grabbing his solid pine dresser/come desk). 🙂

Myeloma's not getting the last word here, so I've looked in out of the window for something new and I can report a clump of foxgloves just starting to tower and flower by the back fence in a nice sunny garden.:-)

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai your garden sounds lovely ,more power to Janet clever lady. I used to love pottering around after work just watering and dead-heading, cleadred my head from the horrors of work , they are such healing places in all sortts of ways arent they? Good luck for your ct on Thursday I will cross fingers toes that it shows a big fat zero love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I had one of those slobs,by nature, she was so bad even the spiders left home,cobwebs stayed and gathered dust.

Out of the blue,she left her partner of 10 years,who was a nice chap.Met another man,and within a very short time married and had 2 kids in 13 months,she is now an earth mother,spotlessly clean,you would not know it was the same person,so do not give up hope,my daughter shocked us all.

As to kitchen,and bathroom,enjoy it if I had waited for my council to help me out with bathroom,I would be still waiting,have been trying to get some help with care allowance still not heard,have gor some equipment,wheelchair to heavy for car,bought another from Halfords,light one for car heavy one for walking into town.

Looking forward to tomorrow,it is going to be another nice day,love eve

Min
    Participant

Oh Bridget I do envy you the nice weather, warm here but not wonderful.Kitchen will be just right and hope your able to have some input into it… Eve see the forces benevolent fund for help with getting allowances for slim.
    I had decided when I retired/redundant I would have a new kitchen, last weeks fright at the hospital made me decide to put it on hold. Then I decided that it would be a good idea to take my mind off worrying. Today I spent yet another day with another saleperson/kitchen designer. I have spent hours on line doing research on prices etc. Its briliant for distraction. Having made a decision finaly I just have to decide [b]when[/b] now and may make it for when Peter has his transplant. In the meanwhle got a delivery of begonias and climbing fuschias in the post today so tommorow will be potting up and gardening. My favourate while Peter is yet again looking at remote controled tanks to keep him occupied for the comming months he paints them and 'decorates' them as a hobby Life goes on………….
    Love Min

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min sounds like a good time to have it done , very dusty here and getting to the loo has been tricky so Peter is best out of the way Tomorrow the units go in and they are tiling on Saturday !!I was able to choose from half a dozen cupboards , flooring , worktop and paint clours , even door handles Afar cry from the old days when tenants had no choice!! The workmen are mainly albanian and I cant fault them ,they arrive early and work non-stop and so polite It is such a relief getting the decorating done too as it took Jeff years to finish anything here , too busy fitting lovely kitchens and bathrooms for everyone else so I used to decorate and now I just am not up to it. I really miss being able to do my garden as well I love potting up baskets and pots so have fun tomorrow Hope you get some sunshine tomorrow , makes it even nicer working in the garden love Bridget x ps I am now having very loose stools all the time just hope it doesnt turn into the dreaded squits!!Tasteful end to my post HAHA X

Min
    Participant

Ha Ha Ha,
    Peter had that all thru his Revlamid. Much better now on Thalid. (for now) it wont last never does. We have got over the shock now and just getting on with it as usual.
    Time I was in bed or no gardening will be done as I wont be able to get out of bed! Sounds like the kitchen will be to your liking. Im just going over the appliances that I can get elsewhere cheaper so I will not made of money unfortunatly.
    I did have a cleaner for a while he was polish called Majic and really a godsend when Peter was 1st diagnosed, I simply could not cope, 3 dogs to walk 3 times a day, going to work,grass cutting in the garden laundry shopping and housework, Peter seemed determined to wear a shirt daily and sometimes two when he was sweating. It was a nightmare and had to get my son to talk to him.
    Dont want to go there again!!!!!

eve
    Participant

You have all started my day laughing,its going to be a good day,
    Bridget be careful do not sit on those stools you might fall off!!!lol

Min I shopped on line for all my appliances a annd saved my self around a thousand pounds,because I have small kitchen,went for combi oven,and waste disposal,needed everything got good makes,delivery often next day could not fault the companies I dealt with,Often kitchen installers have to go through a franchise and they are expensive combi quote was 700 pounds on line I got same one for 350

enjoy your day everyone its lovely and sunny out there,best wishes eve

Min
    Participant

Eve you cant leave me in suspense like that, you have to tell me where you bought on line! I need all the help I can get as cant concentrate at the moment.
    Peter is going in tomorrow for his 1st mega dose of Melphalan.. timing as usual stinks as I had plans to go to granddaughters birthday..A mere 250 miles and several nights sleepover. Never never make plans as they always get knocked on the head. But watch this space and may still go as from experience I know it takes a few days before it kicks in .
    Seriously Eve send me a private message with the details of the web sites please. I can have one of those lovely pull out larder units if I manage to save that amount of money. Ive already found a sink for £130 less. Weather has been fabulous here all day.. It wont last but it was nice while it lasted!
    Min

brocho
    Participant

Haha ladies I think Eve could be our bargain hunter for all of us myelomers!! Seriously impressive ! I hope you get your pull out larder Min they look so good Good luck for Peter tomorrow and I do hope you get to your grand daughters birthday love to you both Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi

Sent e mail ,I wanted pull out larder and intergrated fridge freezer,looking at 1OOO just for units without fridge freezer. Settled for magic corners good ones,hold a lot of weight,£250 each,free standing fridge freezer argos £219 bush.Just put kitchen appliances in google lots come up,take phone numbers and ring direct with make and model even when they give you price,ask is any discount for buying more than one item,you will get it.they want your money,if not sure of make or model pop to curry,s have a look then you can go back with make and model.always look at custom,s comments.

Bridget this is what kept me sane in those early days,then G&T,and now pop pills,stops me screaming at people when they do not do the job properly.
    Do not cry any more,upset Slim so much me crying.Lets face it,unless you are going through this,people do not understand,

As to plans Min,we should be on are way to Norway,Sweden and Denmark for the summer my mind goes there even if my body does not.missed out on new zealand two grandkids out there.I go on skype and talk to them you should try it Min,250 miles is a long way when you cannot get there,it cost nothing,and its so lovely to see there faces.
    Anyway this is not getting my filing done,will have to shout at myself,so much rubbish sent in post these days drives me mad.
    have a lovely day ,eve

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘HAPPY 1ST OF JUNE FROM THE MADHOUSE!!!’ is closed to new replies.