Harvesting for SCT

This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

FOXLEY
    Participant

Hi Peter,
    Have seen your latest post on my email although it has not appeared on the discussion board yet.
    So the nurses remember me do they? Please give my best wishes. They were all super even after I had covered every surface of the bathroom with s**t.
    I am sorry you reacted badly to the melphalan. Just keep focussed on the knowledge that in about 10 days it will all get better so keep your spirits up. I found it mentally almost as hard as the physical discomfort of managing drip stand, 24 hour pump and frequent visits to the loo while ensuring that everything excreted could be measured for the fluid balance.
    It is now 8 weeks since I had the transplant and my digestion is returning to normal finally. Had one temperature excursion on Christmas Day of all days so spent 12 hours in the Christie Medical Assessment Unit. Otherwise apart from occasional nausea, some back pain and tiredness things have not been too bad since discharge.
    I thought communication about the treatment was brilliant in the HTU. The only thing they didn't tell me when I went home was that my diurnal temperature cycle would be sent haywire by the chemo.
    Good luck with the rest of it,
    Chris

tom
    Participant

Hi Peter

And I got this in my Email :::::

PeterJames has posted to a discussion you're monitoring:

Subject:
    RE: Harvesting for SCT

Came into the Christie yesterday , set upon straight away , Hickman , line installed & drugs into me in quick order
    Late pm had my dose of killer chemo , but body did not take kindly to this , so late at night everthing went tits up
    Super nigh nurse stuffed me full of drugs which by today did the trick, although I have lost my appitite
    So today had the cels returned & gave strict instructions to get a move on !
    Thanks Chris for your advice re ic lollies , sucked my way through the transplant
    The nurses still remember you , is that good or bad ?
    Now presume I will soon defend into a little black hole for a few days
    Everthing to play for
    Peter

And I aint seen it on the site???

But hey ho Just like to say you take it easy its on the move now so just sit back and take it, whatever that "IT" is One day at a time Peter as you know Early Days yet.
    Hope your soon all correct and out soon am sure you know I was 16 days straight Beat me if you may 🙂

Tom Onwards and Upwards" x

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Chris & Tom
    Thanks for your good wishes
    My post popped up between two dated seventh Jan, not sure why
    Anyway I am now locked in my cell at Christie
    Presume today or is it tomorrow is classed as dat one plus following transplant
    Would be nice to beat Toms record !
    All the best
    Peter

Helen
    Participant

Hi Peter and Tom
    Clearly this is now a competition! I was in for 3 days for the Melphalan and stem cells, then home for 2 days and back in for 10 a total of 13 days in hospital!
    Hope you don't feel too bad Peter, just hang on in there.
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Peter

Was thinking about you……good luck with your sct. Keep us posted. You are in the best place….weather rubbish here in the Forest of Dean. Snowed in 🙂

You know what the benchmark is but we all know Tom is super human 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Harvesting for SCT’ is closed to new replies.