Has anybody heard from MIn?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zasrs 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

I do not want to intrude on Min's privacy or stalk her but wondered if anyone had "bumped in to her" on facebook or anything.

Gill xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gill,

A few weeks ago Min decided it was time to move on from being an active member of the forum, although she may well look in from time to time.

I don't know if you have a facebook account but you can find her (and many of us) there. Look for Min Cato and request friendship.. if she is in a good mood she might sign you up.:-0

She has made some friends, a group of widows with similar circumstances (including a hereto unknown mm widow) and I believe she is even considering moving nearer to Worcester. Anyway, join up, shout at her and go see.:-)

But I still miss her on here like nobody's business.:-/

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Ditto to that Dai, and it looks like she is very active and keeping herslf busy.

DaiCro
    Participant

Ha, you are right there Tom.

Min has explained to me that I can't make plans for Janet after I have gone… she is unique to herself and will deal with my passing as she fits, or as the occasion takes her… but I can't help looking at how our friends have dealt with loss and grief… from Roz, Tina, Sarah and Min and wonder which path will be closest to that of Janet.

Janet is a very pragmatic, sensible, practical person; very loving and loyal to those closest to her but not given to emotional outbursts. She likes to end each day with a kiss and a smile and thoughts of what she wants to do tomorrow. I know she will be devastated, whatever I say… but if she handles her grief something akin to Min then I won't be worried.:-)

At the present we live 5 miles from my step-daughter and her family. Janet dotes, as grandmothers do (in Janet's case the Welsh form, Mamgu – pronounced Mamgee, soft 'g'). We care 'after-school' a couple of days each week… (just Alfie, nearly 6, at the moment but Edith, four next month, from September) and see them for an hour here and there at weekends… something that Janet will continue and, I imagine, expand upon as they get older. We both know that my passing, as unwelcome as that will be for both of us, will also give Janet the time and space and freedom to explore herself and her needs… and I am confident that her pragmatic and practical persona will help her with that process.8-)

Anyway, all of this is for another time and another place… for the time being I will admire Min as she travels her path and explores her freedoms.:-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Dai

Janet sounds a very lovely Lady and that am not surprised nor shocked as am sure you are a true gentelman and would only marry a Lovely Lady 😀

We know how you and Janet feel about Kids (gran or own) and you know how Elaine (the young bride) and I feel about ours what with all the photo's i have posted on F/B 😀

Our three sons only live about 30 mins walk away from us so we see the kids very often and I nick em on a friday and take them home on a sunday Lol, am sure its as good for us so we give our Son's and their Partners a free week end to do what they like, we are due our Sixth Grandchild very soon so keep your eye out for more photo's 😎 so our eldest is 9 years old and youngest at the moment is 13 months old 🙂

As for my Passing Dai well I tell every one that they will more than likely go before I 😀 as i am in this for the long haul 😎 and that frame of mind works for iccle ole me 🙂

Keep strong and check out how much a "Camper Van" will cost to hire 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

zasrs
    Participant

HI Dai

I look in on the myeloma group now and then, thank you for still thinking of me. I wish I could say I am moving on but it really does not get easier, living and loving another person for 36 tears + is not easily got over!
    We are lambing at the moment and I am shattered and too emotional, but we are getting though it with loads of lambs.
    Love to you and Janet
    Sarah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody heard from MIn?’ is closed to new replies.