Has anyone heard from Dai?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Eva
    Participant

Hi Dai,
    I forgot to mention one thing. When you're on Thal or Rev for a while, it can sometimes create a distortion in thyroid levels. Not all blood tests include TSH readings as one of the parameters, so it might be worth asking about that. I became hypothyroid, possibly as a consequence of being on Thal, and have needed some meds to regulate this.
    Eva

tom
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Well am back and had a great time with Elaine(the young bride) and two Grandsons (Alex 9Years and Liam 7 Years, Lord knows i wasnt ready for a zimmer frame before I went to Thorpe Park" but I tell you I could use one today Ha ha.

Dai Am pleased to see your getting better 😀 am my you have been through the wars, The NHS is truly testing your Carma am sure.

Keep well and Strong. and it was the Lovely Sian who kept me well informed and for that I thank her 😎

Not seen anything on here about Paul yet??

Love to you all

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

HI tom.

Thanks for being well informed… Sian is lovely and she also has a country pub with accommodation between Hereford and Hay-On-Wye 😎 .

The news about Paul was posted in the Under 50's… you will find a post from his wife there.:-(

Dai.

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Dai
    I am sorry to hear about your recent ordeals and I really hope you get to walk your daughter up the aisle this Saturday at her civil partnership ceremony. Knowing how determined you will be to do this, I am sure you will! I dont really know what to say on the technical side of your treatment but Eva has made some useful comments but I understand your concern about the Revlimid not having a chance to do its job if if you have a gut infection but I suppose the good news is that your numbers have not increased drastically and your infection is now under control. As for the DVT situation, that must be scary and I can relate to your feeling of doom and gloom in relation to your own mortality but like you say you are still here and hopefully will be for quite some time.

Wendy x

BADGER
    Participant

hello Dia

I am so glad you are back with us wow! you have been through the mill but I believe you are a surviver thinking off you:-)
    Love Jo x

Nettie
    Participant

Hello Dai
    I am so sorry to hear you have been through so much lately. Like you, I was totally devastated when we lost dear Bridget and did not visit the forum for quite a while. When I did return the first post I read was to hear that Stephen was also gone.
    Now that I have relapsed I do visit more often and today your news has also greatly upset me but you are a fighter Dai and I am sure you will win this one and proudly walk your daughter down the aisle.
    Keep fighting and stay positive, we are all thinking of you 🙂
    Love Nettie

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Dai

So sorry to read of the horrid time you have been having. Take care of yourself and Janet thinking of you and your family.

Sarah xx

HelenR
    Participant

Dear Dai,

I hope you're feeling better and just wanted to say thanks for all the great posts you put on here. I've read lots of them! You're really helping a lot of people. I'm currently doing my stem cell mobilisation, ready to try the harvest on Monday. No idea if the troops are lining up but I hope so… I guess I'll find out if I get the magic number '10'!

Good luck with the wedding – is that this weekend? That must mean so much to your daughter that you'll be supporting her.

It sounds like you're from Wales… I have Welsh roots and my great-something-grandfather was a poet, so one of the things I've done a bit recently with all this time on my hands is take a book of poems and try putting them into Google Translate. It's quite funny, because I type in what to me looks like a random bunch of consonants and vowels and then out comes something which half makes sense… Normally very religious subject matter as he was a preacher!

All the best,
    Helen

Nettie
    Participant

Hi All

Same question as before – has anyone heard from Dai? did he manage to walk his daughter up the aisle?

If you are looking into the forum Dai, I hope you are getting on ok and putting up your best fight against this awful disease – we miss you!

Nettie xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Nettie I was asking Tom the same thing. Hope all is ok with him

Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Not heard anything yet and I know he did the walk and done it in a great fashion 😀
    If I hear anything from our dai I will let you all know.

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi All,

I'm still around…. popping in 2 or 3 times a day to see what's occurring. 🙂

The wedding day was as sweet as a nut… everything went absolutely fine, with excellent weather, excellent service and a truly lovely reception. I manage to walk Becky down (up?) the aisle and, after saying that I was glad to give her away, I was allowed to sit down. 😎

This was my first 'Civil' ceremony but it was beautiful… and apart from the script, no different from any other registry office wedding that I have attended. There were 70 people waiting for us and the Registrar could not not have been more helpful or accommodating if she had really tried. The 'County House' is an old country house with lovely grounds, so the whole experience was first class and in keeping with the occasion. 😎 🙂 😀

I will post some photo's as soon as I have worked out how to do it.;-)

I still post an answer here and there but at the moment most posts are related to frontline treatment and SCTs and there are more than enough people with more recent experiences than me in here at the moment… I don't exactly feel redundant but I am happy to let the next wave take the lead. 😎
    Best regards 🙂

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Come on in Dai its nice and warm in here 😀 pleased the wedding went well and i cant wait to see more photo's.

Tom

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dai

I'm so glad the wedding went well. It sounds like the wedding venue was loveluy. Look forward to seeing photos.

Take care of yourself and Janet. I expect, like the rest of us, you are now wondering about Christmas plans. We are very sorry not to be able to make it down to London and the grandchildren this year, but we have got to be sensible. Hopefully they will come up to Yorkshire sometime over the New Year.

Keep well.

Love Mavis x

scott9
    Participant

Hi Dai

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I'm on Bendamustine, thalidomide and dex. I'm due my third bash of Bendamustine on Monday when I will find out if it is reducing the light chain readings. If not then maybe there is something else they can try. It was really tragic news about Paul I keep thinking about him. He was only in his forties and it just started as a high temperature. It highlights just how fragile life is for those of us with this disease.

Keep fighting old chum.

Scott

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone heard from Dai?’ is closed to new replies.