Has anyone heard from Keith?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tina
    Participant

I hope I haven't missed any news?

andyg
    Participant

Hi Tina.
    I was at the day case unit Friday, Keith and I go to North Tees, and I asked about him. Of course they couldn't tell me anything about his condition but they let me know he was on the ward. As you may know he has been in and out of hospital since new year and regularly at the day case unt. I've recently gone from weekly visits to monthly visits so don't bump into him as often.
    Everydays a gift
    Andy xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Is Keith married? Has he got any family close by? He never mentions his support network and I sincerely hope he is not going through all of this on his own.

10th March was his last post and he had managed to get home at that point… here's wishing him all the best and hoping that he is fighting his MM on an even keel.

Dai.

PS… the same thoughts go out to Scotty too… he was ahead of both Keith and I but only by a month or two… does anyone have any contact with Scott?

Tina
    Participant

Thankyou Andy,

Having "been there" with Patrick on numerous occasions I know how easily these things can turn nasty, hopefully he will pull through and be up and chatting to us soon.
    Dai, I was thinking the same too, I do hope he has someone to share with.

Best Wishes to you Keith

Tina

andyg
    Participant

Hi Dai.
    Keith is married to a lovely woman. They're always together when I see them at the hospital for treatment or at the support group. I don't know if they have children.
    Regarding his posts we've all been there when we are feeling a bit under the weather and can't be bothered posting. I myself don't post much now not because I'm not well it just doesn't feel right sometimes to tell my story of woe and little response to treatment. Especially to people just starting their journeys though I do read the posts nearly every day.

I'm sure everyone on the forum will be wishing Keith a speedy recovery and a return to the forum.

Every days a gift
    Andy

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all,

Yes it's good to feel you can help someone with a bit of morale support, good story or not so good. This is a scary journey and we all need the support from someone, so good health to Keith, Scott's, Dai, and everyone who is going through this journey.

I'm on a negative one as I am worried cos Colin is so so tired, but maybe that's normal? He went to work 3 full days last week, driving an hour each way, we went out to friends for dinner Saturday ( from 2 pm til 9pm) & out Sunday for my dad fun flight in a tiger moth and dinner afterwards, we were only out 4 hours in total then…..is that good going? He's been shattered from Sunday evening and all day today….is that normal as we have nothing to measure it by :-/

Love to all

Vicki and Colin x

DaiCro
    Participant

Vicki,

Remind me, where is Colin at the moment… post SCT but for how long etc… and is he on any treatment, maintenance etc.

Regards 🙂

Dai.

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Dai,

He had his sct 3 rd November,came out 25th November, had a virus at Christmas. He returned to work part time about 22nd February 2013 and has either been working from home some days and going into work others. He has days when he is full of beans and the he goes into one of these dips where he is absolutely washed out. No maintenance treatment 🙂

Hope you are ok Dai….and neutrophils got a wriggle on 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Yes I also am hopping Keith is ok and its just a rest he needs from the Forum thing and shove the MM to the back of his mind.

Tom Onwards and Upwards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone heard from Keith?’ is closed to new replies.