Hello to you all x

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gina45
    Participant

Hi, i know i havent been on for a while but since mum passed away on nov 30th my family and i have been coming to terms with losing our lovely mum. I feel that we are dealing with our loss really well although we still have our crying days, as we call them. Mum fought myeloma every day and we are very proud of how she dealt with it.
    we go to the crem and put flowers down(especially roses, mums favourite) and we have now started to remember the good times before mum was ill and this helps us immensely.
    I know that when i was going through everything with mum you all were a brilliant support to me, and i would like to thank you all for that.
    I do hope that you are all ok and will be looking through the posts to see how you all are.
    please take care and i will be bobbing in to check on you all.
    Love
    Gina xx

DaiCro
    Participant

[quote] I feel that we are dealing with our loss really well although we still have our crying days, as we call them. Mum fought myeloma every day and we are very proud of how she dealt with it.

We go to the crem and put flowers down(especially roses, mums favourite) and we have now started to remember the good times before mum was ill and this helps us immensely.[/quote]

Hi Gina,

Its lovely to hear from you… and I am so glad that, however slowly, your memories are turning to the times and the person your lovely Mum was, before the dreadful intrusion of MM into your lives.:-|

I have no doubt that there will be more 'crying days' but I hope that they will soon be balanced out, tears of sorrow and tears of joy in equal measure… and then one day the tears of joy and love and memories of the silly, trivial things… that you can only identify with your Mum, become the norm.:-)

My father was the last significant loss in our family and that was back in 1987… luckily for us, nearly all my brothers and sisters (excepting one who was yet to be discovered… another story) stayed over on the night of the funeral. Because of the distances involved there had not been a wake… something I think my Dad would have encouraged)… so when I got home I had a call from my cousin asking me if I fancied going to a quiz that night… at first it was the last thing I wanted to do… but he had travelled all the way to Mansfield from Swansea… and he was a quiz setter at a semi-professional level… so I thought why not? Before we knew it phones were ringing everywhere and we entered three teams of six… a sombre mood soon turned silly and not just because of alcohol, although that obviously helped but because we were together, sharing our loss while having fun… despite ourselves and we began associating the questions with the mannerisms and sayings of our Dad. It helped us that night… and gave us a foundation for future conversations… it would have been so, so easy to drift away to lick our wounds as individuals, to avoid each other by excuse of distance etc., but that night had helped us and drew us together in a most unexpected way.:-D

I still miss my Dad… but now I see him every day, I just have to look in the mirror. More so because I am being treated in the same hospital, City, Nottingham, where he was treated thirty years to twenty-five years ago… so those eyes reflected back at me now fully understand what he was going through… as well as the spitting image.8-)

Please keep in touch, do… but don't let our news and treatments etc., drag you down. Visit our 'End of Life & Grief' section… share your feeling and experience there, with others who are having similar experiences to you (you might want to re-post your entry above) but either way, it is so good to hear from you.:-D

Take care and best regards to you and yours.:-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Gina

Great to hear from you 😀 and am very pleased you are all doing OK 😎 yes am sure the "Crying Days" will get less and less over time, but thats not to say your memory of your Mum will get less you will just remember the good days 😎

Keep going strong, you are doing a great Job

Love and Hugs Tom xxxx

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Gina, Nice of you to remember us – thanks.

When my son died, aged 19, I put loads of pictures up of him all around the house, even in the tiolet. Generally you only take photographs at happy moments and so I had a constant reminder of the "good times".

All the very best, Kindest Regards – vasbyte

David

brocho
    Participant

HI Gina its so good to hear from you although I think we would all have understood if you felt unable to post again. You and your family are doing brilliantly as you have all the way through your mums battle with myeloma The memories will get easier with time and there will be more smiles than tears just hang in there. I thought of your mum last week when I was at the clinic. Whilst waiting for my turn in clinic I bumped into the lady who had her Velcade at the same time as your mum Dont know if you ever met Christine , very large girl who is unable to walk and relies on her wheelchair and carers I think its her size rather than myeloma that restricts her mobility She used to love chatting with your mum Happy Eater Gina love Bridget x

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Gina

Good to hear from you that you are all gradually coming to terms with your big loss. Don't forget, too, that you have also had all the sad hard MM journey to walk with your Mum before this. Coming to terms with loss takes lots and lots of time. Be kind to yourselves and dwell on those good memories. Think often, "what would mum say?"
    And, hold onto the Easter hope, death never has the last word.
    Lots of love.
    Mavis xxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Gina and sister
    Lovely to hear from you,and to see you are moving on with your lives,that,s what your mum would have wanted,lets hope this less crying days as as this is also what your mum would want.
    I think you feel it more on days like mothers Day and birthdays,the knowledge you can no longer pick up the phone and have a chat.

As you can see the site has lost some and gained many,I think we all went through a down period for a short while,but with the likes of Tom on here,you cannot remain down for long,he always cheers you on. lol.

Slim goes for his SCT soon,took a long time getting there,he just wants to get it over with,he will be going into Kings and they keep you there for 4 to 6 weeks,thats going to be hard ,as Slim likes to smell the sea air.
    Keep looking in Gina,hope married life is treating you well,Love Eve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hello to you all x’ is closed to new replies.