Hi all sorry I have not been on here in a while……

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nickinoo 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nickinoo
    Participant

…..life has been manic of late!

Sam is now 16 weeks post transplant and is doing amazingly well, he is no longer on any cancer medication, is happy and feeling well and is due to return to work part time on the 15th of March (thank god! he he!).

I have often nipped on the site briefly to see how everyone is doing but have not posted for a while.

Sam and I are in the process of buying a new house and are off to Poland on Sunday for our one year wedding anniversary.

I know that not everyone is as fortunate for us but I hope it does give some hope to people about to undergo treatment when I say I cannot belive how quickly life has return to normal (well as normal as it ever could be for Sam and I! lol) when my husband was lying there so ill in that hospital bed just 4 months ago i imagined things would never be normal again, but they are, and its a great feeling :-).

Take care all.

Nicki xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Nicki how lovely to hear that Sam is doing so well and your life is back on track Good luck with the move and I hope you have a wonderful time in Poland love to you both Bridget x

Debs
    Participant

What great news Nicki…..hope all goes well with the house move and that you have a lovely break in Poland.

Happy Wedding Anniversary 🙂

Love
    Debs x

onlyme
    Participant

Hi what a lovely re assuring tale and I admire you, for what you have both been through and now having the strength to look back and re assure everyone else it can be such lovely outcome…
    I am going to read this over and over again, when my mum finally goes in for the SCT… it will give me such boost…

Well done to both of you for getting to this stage.. and also well done to all the team that has nursed Sam through the difficult stages..

They all must work so hard..

Kind regards

Enjoy your anniversary

Only me!!
    x

eve
    Participant

nicki
    I have only just joined this site,and to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel is good news.We are just starting are journey ,one we did not expect to be on.It gives me hope for the future,one thing I have learned from this site is to be positive,I thank you all for that regards eve

Min
    Participant

Wonderful news Nikki
    I recall the dark days you had at the outset of this 'journey' and I am so pleased with the positive outcome for you both.
    Now, get on with the rest of your lives and enjoy. Good Luck for the future.
    MIn

nickinoo
    Participant

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your kind words, it really does mean a lot.

Although I haven't posted on here much in the past I follow everyones journeys regularly and this site was truly a god send in the early dark days.

Its Only Me I wish you and your mum and family all the best and please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Eve I also wish you all the best on this awful journey and will be thinking about you and your family.

It is now my turn to try and offer some reassurance to newbies, as other members of this forum did for me. And I am so happy that it may do so.

Night all.

Nicki xx

Elizellen
    Participant

It is great to hear how well Sam (and you) are doing, Nikki 😀

Have a lovely time in Poland and I hope you both return refreshed and ready to cope with the challenges of buying your new home and him going back to work!!

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

KWilson
    Participant

Have a great time – you deserve it! Well done both.

xxxxxxxx

nickinoo
    Participant

Thank you guys for your good wishes!

We leave for Edinburgh airport at about 1am, I am used to going to bed about 10pm most nights (boy do I love my bed!) so feeling tired already!

Sam on the other hand is downstairs fit as a fiddle watching Match Of The Day!

Very excited for our little trip as it is the first one that sam has been cancer treatment free from since diagnosed.

Take care all.

Nicki xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hi all sorry I have not been on here in a while……’ is closed to new replies.