Hi Ho…. Hi Ho… It's off to work we go…

This topic contains 50 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Hope you are feeling better,not nice at the best of times,but must be an added worry with Myeloma even when in remission.

I can understand you wanting to get back to normal,and go back to work,there is a nurse on the chemo unit,who has had treatment,her words were[ i just want to be normal],I did not ask much just talked about her lovely curly hair.
    As you know there are lots of germs in hospital,so you make sure you are well before you go back. love Eve

Helen
    Participant

Dear Rosie, Tom, Vicki and Eve
    Thank you very much for your kind words, you do make me feel better. I've spent the last few days catching up on sleep and watching 'Revenge'. Total escapism!

Am off the Revlimid for 2 weeks now, body holiday to make sure everything settles down ok, and if not, it's more investigations, so yes, I've got my fingers crossed that it does.

Back to work in a couple of weeks, this is the third postponement, I think HR will be heartily sick of me soon. Rest assured Eve, they are not letting me go anywhere clinical just yet, I'm office bound in our university department for quite some time, catching up on lots of paperwork:-P

I'm getting used to the hair colour now, and having to spend 15 minutes arranging it every day, but no one recognises me anymore which is terribly funny! Should have done it years ago!
    Love Helen

Elizellen
    Participant

Fingers crossed that all goes to plan, Helen!

And your hair looks really good 🙂

Eliz
    xX
    X

Helen
    Participant

Thank you Elizabeth
    Love Helen

Helen
    Participant

Ta Da
    🙂
    I made it, back to work, tidied my desk, sharpened the pencils, had a coffee, told HR I was back, dished out the ink, rang ESA to say I was back to work, booked a holiday, met a few new people, got given a car parking space…. 😉
    ……. Then got sent home again!
    I'm totally, completely and utterly whacked now, …..with a capital F!:-P. ok Tom ….the only way is up now
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Hey well done Helen,

You have well and truly beaten this mm into submission and the new hairstyle to boot. Keep on going!

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Lolol well done that Helen Lol.

How many folk can say that they are whacked """with a capital F""" lol and get away with it he he well done that Girl 😉 sent home suspended for tidying your desk dunt sound good ha ha 😎
    And am with Vicki and Colin you have beaten this MM with a great big stick 😀

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

eve
    Participant

Helen

You did it.Eve

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

Hoorah and well done! It was the "booked a holiday" part that made me giggle the most! Good for you 😀

Love Alison x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Well done ! You had a productive day. I loved
    the Bit "booked a holiday " where and when? Good on you!

Love Jean x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Helen,

That's all the heavy work out of the way… now next time have more coffee breaks and allow the great and the good to come to you… with only truly exceptional circumstances moving your backside from its place on your chair.

Take a Whoppee Cushion with you to ensure you remember each time you leave and return to your desk.8-) 🙂 😀

Take it easy poppet. xxx

Dai.

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    I am soooo happy for you.Hope the holiday starts soon, sounds as if you need it after that hectic and exhausting day.
    Hope you aren't too tired or fatigued and soon get used to the new routine.
    Good Luck
    Love Teresa

tom
    Participant

Ho ho I found it Helen and I hope it kicks it back to the top for you xxx

tom
    Participant

and if you got here the link worked lol now off for a pint 😉 xx

Helen
    Participant

How did you do that Tom,? Thqnk you And that was an early pint!
    Love Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Hi Ho…. Hi Ho… It's off to work we go…’ is closed to new replies.