Horror of Horrors

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

I had to send an email to my consultant yesterday and on re-reading this morning I discovered I had put Love, Gaye xx. AAArrgghhhh. She has been my consultant for some years but didn't think we were that close. She has probably run to the hills by now but I am horrified. I put it down to the pain but maybe the dex is the most appropriate!

Yours sincerely, Gaye !!!!!!!

Debs
    Participant

Ah Gaye,
    You made me chuckle on a weekend I don't feel much up to that 🙂
    I wouldn't worry one bit….sometimes I think they probably wish we did treat them more like our friends….It's what I'm working on with mine anyway!!
    Better what you put than love, hugs and smooches….now that might have sent her running!!!
    Hope you're feeling ok
    Debs x

BADGER
    Participant

hI gaye

I think consultants are human to you may have cheered up her day She will be thinking you really appreciate her
    Love Jo x 😎

Jet
    Participant

Hi Gaye

I've never written to any of my doctors, apart from a note to my GP asking her to complete a form for me, but I always call my GP and consultants by their first names. It makes me feel like we're in this together, like they're my friends who just happen to have a medical degree. Like Jo says, it just confirms they're human… and maybe even encourages them to be so.

Keep it up, I say! x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye I had to smile when I read your post as I have done something very similiar. Unfortunately mine was a complaint e-mail!! It didnt do any good either. I hope you are having a nice weekend , the sun is trying to shine here yippee love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

😀 😀

[u][i][b]Kindest regards[/b][/i][/u]

David

Gaye
    Participant

Thanks for all your replies. I was with friends yesterday and we just couldn't stop laughing. I remember her introducing me to a student saying this wasn't a normal doctor/patient relationship. It was totally patient led! Before diagnosis I had never called any health professional by their first name but the department is very relaxed and first name terms are completely normal. Bridget how lovely to send a letter of complaint with some sort of endearment on it – wonderful!

What's happened to the sun? Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody.

Love, Gaye xx

admin
    Keymaster

Sounds like dexamethasone to me! :'-(

tom
    Participant

Oh Gaye
    You have just made an old (ish) man very happy, you put a smile on my face that before reading your post didn't know I could smile that wide Ha ha.

As for My Dr well he is normal and I have met him while out shopping and he pats my shoulder and asks if its all going Ok, he once put both his hands on my fat belly and shook it saying your looking fit? and that was in B and Q.

Roll on the Normal Dr's 🙂

Tom xx

Min
    Participant

I wouldn't worry Gaye,
    My sons next door neighbour is a Dr, and she like everyone else these days is just a person with extra special skills that she has worked hard to get.
    She thinks my son is special because he is a captain on a MN ship. He can do things she cant and vice versa in there own field.
    When it comes down to it we are all just people with our own specialities and some are very clever and some not so.
    Im off outdoors to play in the garden in the sun whilst its shining have a nice day
    Love
    Min8-)

zasrs
    Participant

Hee Hee:-D 😀

Thats the trouble with e mails and texting I press send then re read the text/ e mail and regret it:-(

sarah xx

KWilson
    Participant

LOL, yes the automatic LOVE followed by a string of x's does seem to happen with e-mails – never mind, I'm sure your consultant appreciated it!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Horror of Horrors’ is closed to new replies.