HOW DO YOU REPORT ABUSE OF THIS SITE?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ellen 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Are the adverts being posted on so many of the topics being monitored? If not how do we report abuse

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Gill

I nearly had a fit when I saw these postings this morning. Didn't know what to do about them. It is a disgrace

Gill how are you doing? iIthink about you often
    Take care
    Love Jean x

Perkymite
    Participant

Stuart will delete them when he comes in on Monday no doubt.

Kindest reagards – vasbyte

David

Gill
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts Jean.

David I forgot that the site has moderators. I know that when I first joined I read that we are pretty much left to monitor ourselves and people generally only use "indoor language" with an occasional asterisk thown in.

But I was fuming when I saw this advert this morning

Love from Gill xx

tom
    Participant

Aww whats this busy iccle bee missed this time??

Onwards and Upwards xx

Gill
    Participant

I have calmed down now but just wondering how they got on here Will we have a cure next? Snake oil methinks;-)

Gill xx

PS to Tom go into general and look for the post headed passports

Perkymite
    Participant

They set up an account as you did. This is a hoax /scam of that I am sure. Annoying, frustrating but best completely ignored.

The Moderator does allow us to the freedom to develop what we want but at the end of the day that sort of thing will be removed ASAP, have no fear.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

ellen

Thank you,

Stu will remove these ASAP.

All the best

Ellen

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks
    Thanks to you all for being on the ball, as per usual. I've deleted the spam messages and the user account responsible. Sadly there is no way to stop these people, if you can call them that. We have to allow people to register and post freely or the forum would be useless. The best we can do is keep our collective eyes peeled and report any abuse to myself and I'll get it knocked on the head. If you spot any more junk, email me at webteam@myeloma.org.uk.

Cheers
    Stuart.

Gill
    Participant

Thank you

This site is a life line to so many and a place to grieve. Thanks to all the team

Gill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HOW DO YOU REPORT ABUSE OF THIS SITE?’ is closed to new replies.